close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bought a Walther PPQ & Beretta Nano Yesterday

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by hsprincipal, Mar 18, 2012.

1. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    Went to Bud's yesterday and ended up buying the PPQ and Nano. Tested the Nano today and love it except for the extremely heavy and long trigger pull. The trigger will take some getting use to, but I was very pleased with this little beauty. Walther is up next. I can already tell that I'm going to love the trigger on it.

2. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    Everyone needs to stop buying and posting range reports on Walther PPQs - please...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

3. A word. of caution about that PPQ.

First, wrap your fingers, hand, wrist, arm, and elbow like a NFL lineman so the monster recoil and muzzle flip caused by the extremely high bore axis won't tear your arm off, or remove parts at the joints.

Second. If you shoot at a range with a table\bench, kneel under the bench and hold the pistol against the bottom so it will help control the massive and uncontrollable muzzle flip caused by the extremely high bore axis. But be careful, you won't be able to shoot but a few rounds before the bench tears apart, and most ranges make you pay for damages and repairs.

Third. Wear a helmet. It's not uncommon for the massive muzzle flip from the extremely high bore axis to drive the top of the slide backward in an arc and into your skull. There have been numerous incidents where people were killed and knocked unconscious by the uncontrollable muzzle flip caused by the extremely high bore axis.

Four. You better hope you got it in 9mm and not 40SW. But I guess you couldn't get a 40SW since Walther had to recall the 40SW because of the carnage associated with shooting one, due to the extremely high bore axis. The cost of medical bills associated with shooting a PPQ typically makes it not worth it.

Otherwise, have fun.

4. Cpl_Siggy

Cpl_Siggy

Oct 20, 2011
    Indiana
    ^^^
    So, you're saying the bore axis is too high? ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Hokiegrass

Hokiegrass

Apr 12, 2011
    Minden, NV
    Also, wear a life preserver if you are anywhere near water, the recoil will force you in.

Be sure to install an airbag on the striker plate, to cushion the blow of the pistol against your forehead, after each shot

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    If I ever buy another polymer pistol, there's a good chance it will be the PPQ.

That's a big "if" though.

7. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    You think the nano trigger is that heavy? I think it's great compared to most of it's competitors.

8. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    The darn thing is tempting. If I buy a non 1911 handgun the PPQ is towards the top of the list. I am thinking a new gun this week but not sure what. :dunno:

9. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    Congrats!:cool:

:rofl:

10. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    Im going to a gun show next weekend and im gona look for a ppq. Iv read about them, but am yet to actually hold one.

11. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    I did buy the .40. I will take precautions. :whistling:

12. neby98

neby98

Aug 7, 2006
    So you've shot one without injuring yourself?

13. March817

March817

May 12, 2011
    Undisclosed
    In the mean streets we learned to deal with an extremely high bore axis by rotating our grip 90 degrees to the center. This transforms a extremely high bore axis into a hella wide bore axis. Problem solved.

14. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    Well I may have overstated it a tad, but it is quite heavy.

15. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky

Can't be any worse than the 27 and that's my favorite carry gun.

16. P99er

P99er AKA PPQ'er

Oct 21, 2001
    My own little world

I always try to have an ACLS ambulance standing by.

17. P99er

P99er AKA PPQ'er

Oct 21, 2001
    My own little world
    Doesn't that hurt innocent bystanders?