close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bought a Mossberg 500!

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by cliffsta, Sep 8, 2012.

1. cliffsta

cliffsta
    Expand Collapse
    Who, me?

Put 40 shells through the gun last Friday. 25 of #8 birdshot and 15 of 00buck. WOW. So much fun! Can't wait to go back tomorrow and shoot some more.

I'm 5'9" and have average length arms. Its not a stretch to shoot it with the standard stock, but my arm is pretty far outstretched. When my funds recover I am strongly considering the Hogue stock. Gonna shoot it a bunch more before I make that final decision, though.

Also got in a box of Winchester Ranger low-recoil 00buck that I wanna try out. I can handle the full-power 00buck fine, but it was only like $33 + shipping from sgammo.com so I figured I"d give it a try to see how it compares to the full-power Winchester

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. never enough

never enough
    Expand Collapse

love the 500 mossberg!

3. Dogbite

Dogbite
    Expand Collapse
    DNT TREAD ON ME

Congrats, I love mine!!

4. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd
    Expand Collapse

My favorite shotgun that I've owned was my M500 that is like the OP's, except the stocks were wood, since it was purchased in 1987. I'd say that your gun is perfect for HD as it is. If anything, add a more visible front sight, and perhaps an ammo carrier.

5. DFin

DFin
    Expand Collapse

I recently put a 18.5 in barrel with bead sight on my 500 & I like it better than my 590A1. It is shorter and lighter. Great 00 buck patterns at 25 yds, bigger spread but still lethal at 50 and accurate with slugs out to 100 yards.