Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Bought a Canik 55 S-120, CZ75 clone

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RMTactical, Mar 28, 2013.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Pretty sweet little gun. Mine is the S-120 in chrome. My brother bought the other one, an L-120 (alloy frame). Took them to the range today and they work great. Really excited about this gun. Appears to be very well made and I got it for $425 OTD NIB. Came with two mags, made by MecGar.

Ran just fine for me, only used one box of ammo, trying to conserve for the time being... Very soft shooting gun though.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Feb 9, 2005
    The Turks seem to be fine craftsmen who work for relatively cheap. I'm tempted to pick up a Sarsilmaz K2 one of these days...looks like a CZ75 met a SIG 220.

3. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie

Jun 23, 2006
    I love my Caniks! C-100, T-100, and S-120. I have $1k in all 3 total from Academy Sports. So far they've fed everything I've put in them, and shoot well.
  5. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie

Jun 23, 2006
    The CZ grips will fit. Some take a little work to make it happen, but the CZ rubber grips went right on. I had to work the CZ Compact wood grips a little to fit on the C-100.

6. Redstate

May 17, 2011
    Congratulations. You will enjoy the Canik. I enjoy my C-100 very much. Used it in an IDPA match about 2 weeks ago.
  7. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Jan 3, 2006
    Humble, TX
    The Turks were the inheritors of the Ottomon empire. The Janissaries fought for the Ottomons and were some of the first troops to ever use firearms, going back to the 16th century. They marched into battle with drums and bagpipes and were ferocious fighters. The Turkish people have a long and distinguished history of firearm design and use.:wavey:
  8. After falling in love with a tri star t120 at academy, I layawayd one. Cajun gun works is now selling a race hammer and spring kit for them, and soon he will have the short reset for them also. Anyone else hve them? The trigger can be tuned just as nicely ad a custom CZ with the CGW parts. Pretty awesome.
  9. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    So are these Pre B copies then, since I'm seeing the rounded trigger guard, or is it just that one feature?
  10. Berto, they have a fpb I believe. But that's an easy removal.

A gunsmith I know who is known for cz and 1911 is impressed with them...maybe moreso than Cz theirself.
  11. Hit up an academy to play with them. Tight lockup, smooth riding slide. I was stricken once I played with one. Lol. 360$ shipped from buds is impressive. Takes cz mags, comes with 2 mec gar mags.
  12. Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
  13. WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    Canik is trying to beat CZ at their own game. With the ever-increasing prices of CZ pistols the Caniks are looking to be a good value. I'm sure the only downside to one would be resale value but other than that they make a fine gun for the money.
  14. Yup.....czs are about impossible to find nowadays. And getting more expensive. A 350$ always available option that can be tuned up just as nice as a custom cz for cheaper.....well cz is going to lose sales to canik for sure.
  15. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    There are some good guns coming from Turkey these days...
  16. OJ.

OJ. N.E. Ohio Glock

Mar 26, 2008
    I bought a L-120 (alloy frame) put better grips and sights on made for a CZ-75B and I am quite impressed, good gun.
  17. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie

Jun 23, 2006
  18. PBRLite

Jan 29, 2009
    Bought one from Bud's via Gunbroker about a month ago. My only gripe was the stock grips, sights, and trigger pull. The grips were an easy fix. Went with Hogues. Removed the old poorly applied sight paint. And a new reduced power hammer spring made this gun a sweet shooter.

19. Awesome. I can't wait to get mine played off. Spring kit, race hammer and go.