Glock Talk banner

Bought 2 guns @ Bob Moats' today

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Truckee 
#1 ·
As planned I headed up to Bob Moats Sport Shop today so I could buy a gun and get in the Bloomberg Gun Giveaway raffle.

I intended to buy a Taurus M85 UL in Titanium Finish but they would have had to order it (which I expected) but the price was more than I was willing to pay for it. So I just got the SS of the same model.

What I didn't intend to get there was TWO guns. But I did just that. I also bought a Ruger 22/45.

So all in all I purchased two guns and received 6 tickets in the raffle.

#6 ·
Originally posted by SDM
Truckee, why is that? Because he bought two handguns?
Yes. Dan answered SDM, but here it is straight from the BATFE's mouth:

MULTIPLE SALE FORM
ATF Form 3310.4, Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers, (multiple sale form) must be used by licensees to report all sales to an unlicensed person of two or more handguns at one time or during 5 consecutive business days.
There was a thread a while back where the BATFE came a-knockin' on a door with this form in hand. The Agents demanded the guy show them the two HGs he had bought... and he complied. The flaming and debate was on.

#7 ·
Oh I believe you folks, I just hadn't heard about it before. I hadn't had to worry about, if I manage to save enough to buy one at a time I'm lucky. What if you buy two from different dealers, would they be notified during the check, or or is it the buyers responsibility to tell them?

#8 ·
Originally posted by SDM
Oh I believe you folks, I just hadn't heard about it before. I hadn't had to worry about, if I manage to save enough to buy one at a time I'm lucky. What if you buy two from different dealers, would they be notified during the check, or or is it the buyers responsibility to tell them?
SDM,

I'm sorry if you thought that I insinuated that you were a non-believer... I in no way meant to.

Using two separate dealers, buying one from each, will spare you from getting reported to the BATFE -- yes. The buyer has no reporting responsibility, reporting is the dealer's concern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.