close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Boss

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by JohnJak, Jun 10, 2007.

1. JohnJak

JohnJak sadly spent

Mar 7, 2005
    Michigan
    Did you ever go to a gas/service station and have the attendant call you BOSS and smile? I just found out that it means "Stupid Son Of a Beach". So the next time you go to pay the fine attendant for your gas smile and say thanks BOSS.

2. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Southern US
    I never heard that before. Who told you that? I think they are jerking your chain.

3. JohnJak

JohnJak sadly spent

Mar 7, 2005
    Michigan
    When you spell BOSS backwards that's what the letters stand for. It came right from the horses mouth. Give it a whirl next time you pay for your gas.

4. Me too...! I frequent several places and know the mangers quite well and they call me that... Boss has never bothered me...

Funny this should come up as I've been wanting to start a thread in GNG about Counter persons using slang in reference to persons... My personal gripe is being called Bubb....

5. gsbell

gsbell Consumed

Feb 21, 2003
    Nolensville, TN
    Friend who used to own a truck accessory shop used to start humming the tune from Wizard of Oz "If I only had a brain" when he would get a particularly brilliant customer in the shop.

6. dougwtx

dougwtx

Jun 14, 2006
    Michigan
    I'm called boss or chief quite a bit at gas stations. Guess I'm stupid, but at least I'm not working behind the counter of a gas station. :) (I don't even want to know what chief stands for backwards)

note to the politically correct: not meant to be demeaning to gas station workers.