close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Borrowing Spouse's Handgun

Discussion in 'Tri State Glockers' started by montemon, Apr 15, 2007.

1. montemon

montemon
    Expand Collapse
    Monty the Pug

I've been trying to find out if there’s any specific law in NJ, or Federal, that would prohibit me from taking my wife's handgun to a shooting range without bringing her along.

Also, in a home self defense situation would using your spouse's firearm add any additional legal implications?

2. Patterson

Patterson
    Expand Collapse
    Never Forget!

I am far from being a leagal adviser, however not too long ago I asked a NJ State Trooper about borrowing a family member's gun to take to a range. I was told it was a no no as. I believe you are only permitted to have in your possession a handgun which is licensed to you. Just my 2 cents worth...

3. montemon

montemon
    Expand Collapse
    Monty the Pug

I think you're right. I called NJSP myself and was told the same thing but he just didn't sound sure, that's why I posted.

Thanks

4. jjamdj

jjamdj
    Expand Collapse

I am in Westchester and i know here unless your wifes gun is on your license then no its illegal, thats why i had my wife get her license and i acquired all my guns on her license also
    so she shoot all mine legally. Not sure if NJ license has all gun listed on there License like Westchester County