close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Boots

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by 68_Mustang, Mar 31, 2013.

1. 68_Mustang

68_Mustang

Mar 13, 2013
    GA
    This is more of a law enforcement type question, but I cannot post in COP TALK yet and I'm sure several EMS/Firefighters wear zip up boots.

I bought a nice pair of Rocky zip up duty boots and they are extremely comfortable. My only problem, the zippers keep unzipping themselves causing a ton of aggravation. i work as a Deputy jailer and it drives me nuts because I'm constantly walking and I'm worried they'll come unzipped in an emergency situation.

Are there any fast fixes for this? One of my former LEO friends said they used to use some type of Velcro strap under the zippers to keep them from sliding down.

Thanks for the Help and all you EMS/FF do!!

2. Badger54

Badger54 CLM

Dec 16, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    My 5.11 boots have a Velcro strap across the zip. They've never come unzipped. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364780300.051754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. 68_Mustang

68_Mustang

Mar 13, 2013
    GA
    Thats sort of what my friend was talking about. I'm going to try and rig something up while I'm off work tomorrow. Thanks for the picture!

4. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    This has been what I've used when I've used zipper boots. Lately, though, I've found I've just stuck to quarter boots (just above the ankle). Much more comfortable, and no zipper to set off the metal detector (like you, I work behind the fence).

5. 68_Mustang

68_Mustang

Mar 13, 2013
    GA
    I found an easy fix to an annoying problem. I'm using a Velcro bicep strap intended for use with an iPhone to keep the zipper up on my boots.

Thanks for the help guys

6. TJ Superfly

TJ Superfly

Dec 30, 2012
    It's not a fix, but I've worn the Danner's for year with the side zip. I've never had an issue with the zippers coming down.

7. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Sounds like a plan to me!

8. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    Easy fix: buy a pair of Bates.

Lol. Just kidding. Go ahead with the velcro and I think you'll be good to go.