Boots

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by 68_Mustang, Mar 31, 2013.

1. This is more of a law enforcement type question, but I cannot post in COP TALK yet and I'm sure several EMS/Firefighters wear zip up boots.

I bought a nice pair of Rocky zip up duty boots and they are extremely comfortable. My only problem, the zippers keep unzipping themselves causing a ton of aggravation. i work as a Deputy jailer and it drives me nuts because I'm constantly walking and I'm worried they'll come unzipped in an emergency situation.

Are there any fast fixes for this? One of my former LEO friends said they used to use some type of Velcro strap under the zippers to keep them from sliding down.

Thanks for the Help and all you EMS/FF do!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Nike boots field boots The Okie Corral Jun 23, 2015
    Storing Boots in the Trunk Survival/Preparedness Forum May 26, 2015
    Boots Stored In Trunk. GATE Survival & Preparedness May 23, 2015
    I Bought New Boots Cop Talk Apr 18, 2015
    GT women - if you need a pair of boots ... The Okie Corral Mar 31, 2015

3. Badger54

CLM

My 5.11 boots have a Velcro strap across the zip. They've never come unzipped. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364780300.051754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4. Thats sort of what my friend was talking about. I'm going to try and rig something up while I'm off work tomorrow. Thanks for the picture!

5. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

This has been what I've used when I've used zipper boots. Lately, though, I've found I've just stuck to quarter boots (just above the ankle). Much more comfortable, and no zipper to set off the metal detector (like you, I work behind the fence).

6. I found an easy fix to an annoying problem. I'm using a Velcro bicep strap intended for use with an iPhone to keep the zipper up on my boots.

Thanks for the help guys

7. It's not a fix, but I've worn the Danner's for year with the side zip. I've never had an issue with the zippers coming down.

8. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Sounds like a plan to me!

9. Easy fix: buy a pair of Bates.

Lol. Just kidding. Go ahead with the velcro and I think you'll be good to go.