close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boehner's purge enters its next phase

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by GAFinch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/11/boeher-purge-extending-to-subcommittees

No one seems able to find any logical conservative reason for the GOP leadership (politicians and establishment pundits) caving in on the fiscal cliff talks like this (agreeing to tax raises with a "promise" of future spending cuts).

Are we turning into Germany with a Social Democrat vs Christian Democrat system, or Russia with a permanent ruling party vs a neutered/fake opposition party?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans
    Expand Collapse
    FYPM

The next purge will be in the Speaker's office. Boehner blew it by not making the tax hike on the top two percent his bargaining chip. Frankly, getting the Bush tax rates permanently adopted for 98% of taxpayers would be a huge victory for the GOP. He could have used this to get a symbolic minor concession on spending and headed home. Nothing they are discussing (even a full Simpson-Bowles) comes close to addressing the problem. The media and markets will celebrate the "deal" but since it's all smoke and mirrors they will quickly come back to earth.

3. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

By putting tax increases on the table so quickly, they've all but admitted that tax cuts hurt the economy. If conservatives try to do any in the future, Democrats will counter that it's already been "proven" that tax cuts (and wars) caused this recession. Jay Carney was already pushing this narrative today. Better believe that the MSM will be propagandazing this thoroughly. Removing him would be nice but a.) he's not doing this alone and b.) the damage is already done.

4. aspartz

aspartz
    Expand Collapse

The Bush tax cuts on the 98% is the primary reason we have 47% or more of the population paying no FIT. Perpetuating that is the last thing the GOP wants. Once someone has a secure ride in the wagon they have no motivation to be fiscally conservative with other people's money.

ARS

5. pugman

pugman
    Expand Collapse

Tax increases are on the table because its the federal government's only remaining tool.

France is seeing taxing the rich causes an exodus of said people.

Greece is seeing austerity measures causes riots.

The goal of the American politican is to 1) stay elected as long as possible 2) make it appear to the public he/she is "doing their best" fighting the other side 3) rape the country all along 4) maintain the status quo

Neither side wants a fiscal cliff..why? A dismantled federal government means they are out of a job and no longer in power. Loss of such power = no more political favors

My cousin is a former Congressman who left voluntarily and has openly admitted to me there is no plan other than..

Raise taxes whenever possible
    Cut benefit programs only when necessary
    Members of Congress/Senate/President = always have a back up plan

See my tag line. As long as we continue paying in the federal government will never stop...

I wonder what the White House will look like on fire?

#5 pugman, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  6. The Machinist

The Machinist
    Expand Collapse
    No Compromise

There is no conservative reason, but there is a reason: The GOP wants larger government, and they want higher taxes.

#6 The Machinist, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

This is a bad thing. The softening of the republican opposition to out of control spending is a bad move.

I'm hoping someone opposes Boehner for speaker and wins.

8. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

He's gotta go.'08.

9. aircarver

aircarver
    Expand Collapse
    Ride Continues
    Silver Member

I opposed a 'Perot' third party 'cuz it split the anti-commie vote and put in commie-crats.

Since the commie-crats run everything anyway, I no longer see a reason to support RINO's who are foolishly throwing in with the commie-crats to prolong what power they got, until everything crashes.

The Tea Party has to become a real party now, with it's own candidates. Someone has to deal with economic reality.

10. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric
    Expand Collapse
    .45 ACP

You said it all.

11. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans
    Expand Collapse
    FYPM

This statement is absurd in so many ways, I don't know where to start. Let's just say the goal should be to make the 47% into 100%.

12. jeanderson

jeanderson
    Expand Collapse
    Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

A planet with no sign of intelligent life
    Remember when the left derided the Bush tax cuts as the "Bush tax cuts for the rich"? Looks like it's about to become the "Bush tax cuts for the middle class".