Glock Talk banner

Bodyguard Value?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Glock 17L 
#1 ·
No Bluebook so I'm asking here.

A non-gun friend inherited a very nice 649 (.38 only), no dash with factory wood grips.

Appears 95%+ overall with only one visable burn ring on the cylinder face.
S&W told me it was made in 1987-88 (serial#AYT17xx).

$400-425 a fair offer???

Thanks!

#4 ·
I have 3 Bodyguards. $400 is a good price. $425 is a fair price. With box, and papers I would go to $450

Just got it!

No box/papers but a pair of the old school Pachmayr Compac grips and a Safariland speedloader (beats HKS, hands down) thrown in for $375!

Now, to find that elusive Nickel Airweight BG that has haunted me for a number of years!

Thanks for the input.

#6 ·
Just got it!

No box/papers but a pair of the old school Pachmayr Compac grips and a Safariland speedloader (beats HKS, hands down) thrown in for $375!

Now, to find that elusive Nickel Airweight BG that has haunted me for a number of years!

Thanks for the input.
There is a nickel 649 on www.ingunowners.com classifieds. I been watching it but he is still at like $500 FIRM. IF he drops I may jump on it but not at that price.

#7 ·
I've seen the same kind of pricing at recent gun shows.

The internal locks and MIM parts never really bothered me but it seems like just about ANY pre-lock J-frame (and K,L,N) have skyrocketed.

I was eyeballing a beautiful .22 kit gun (stainless) until I saw the asking price of $650! Ouch.

Of course, I still see a lot of the SAME guns at some of the same tables year after year.

#8 ·
Leigh is right..
I've seen the same guns at the same show, RK/Kenny Woods in Lexington, & Most any Pre Lock 100% Forged J Frame will be priced @ $550 & above, I did see the 22 Kit Gun @ $650 the last show as well..
I'm down to just one J frame, My 940, & am happy with it but still wanna pick up a Glock 26 to be the little brothjer to my 17L..
You did great on the 649 Leigh..
Congrats!! In fact I may have owned that 649 not long ago.. Sold one in Lexington Black Friday 2009..
I still have a picture of it here..

S&W 649 940 & 642

#9 ·
Thanks, SIG.

I'm sure we've frequented many of the same gun shows in Lex and L'ville!
I STILL see those beautifully engraved J-frames in the velvet-lined boxes for 1200+ bucks a pop. Nice to look at but that's all.

I may go all old school and add a Tyler T-grip to the wood stocks...Federal's reintroduced Nyclad (non+P), Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB, and a Bianchi speed strip.

Voila...1980 all over again! :supergrin:

#11 ·
Leigh the guy with the monogramed velvet cased Smiths is Mitch, He's never sold a gun as far as I know of & his wife selling womens stuff & vacume cleaners etc..
He's got a few Hk P7s & is really proud of his gear = High Dollar..
I believe in the non +P Nyclads too, I have several new Old Stock boxes of it in 38spl & 9mm para..
AYP1606 was the serial # of the one I sold & was as new in the box.. Made in 1987..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.