Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Body Armor

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Captain Caveman, May 6, 2011.

1. Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman a.k.a. DaReaper

Apr 12, 2003
    Hey guys...

I was issued a Protective Products Python vest. Do any of y'all have any experience using their products? Looked at their website, but as usual it just blows their own horn. And I can't find anything other than the USMC using the outer tactical vests now.

Thanks and be safe!
  2. Arvinator

Jan 16, 2011
    Had one issued in 1994. It was a fair vest. Beats fruit of the looms only!

3. As I recall, PP came out or evolved after the spin out of Second Chance after the Zylon Wars. One of several start-ups post war. Generally well received but a small niche as Safariland et al have the state bid around here.
  4. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Never heard of them, but you are fortunate nonetheless. Few security guards are issued vests. Of course, few need them.
  5. Can anyone else weigh in on Protective Products? Comfort, coverage, customer service? They are offering a pretty decent price and we're pretty fed up with our current distributor. Thanks.
  6. buddah

Oct 3, 2004
    PPE vest is a great vest. I bought one with personal funds, a python level 2 model. My agency issues First choice armor. My issued vest has had a mold issue and they refuse to replace it. I am very happy with the vest and it is comfortable. After a month one of carriers came apart and they promptly mailed me a replacement. A good friend of mine is one of their biggest dealers.
    He has you tube video of the PPE vest and speed plates being shot. Go to his webpage: and hit the you tube link.
    PPE vest is used by Amtrack Police, NYC Probation Dept., and a few other departments in NY, NJ, CT.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011