close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bob Schieffer

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by gwalchmai, Oct 22, 2012.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Come on, why the pretense? They may as well let Worf moderate. :upeyes:

2. Senile old gun-grabber. He's no Thomas Paine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUB1Uwfan0"]Schieffer's commentary: U.S. today lacks common sense - YouTube[/ame]

3. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Jan 23, 2000
    "Common Sense" = "Fair Share" in that they never really define what they mean. They just toss those terms out there. Afterall, who could possibly be against fairness and common sense? Pablum for the masses.

4. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

= "You pay .... I don't" .....:steamed:

5. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    If he is as incompetent as some pretend, why be afraid of him? If so many are afraid of him, perhaps it is because he is not so senile as some suppose.

6. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Maybe we should restrict freedom of the press when that right is abused.

7. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    i think it's time we ditch the alphabet channel debates, there are alot better alternate sources for news now days that could ask better questions, i havent gotten my news from tv in years...

8. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    I didn't imply Schieffer's incompetent. I'm saying he's partisan for Obama. Although you wouldn't know it by the record of moderators provided so far, the moderator is supposed to be an impartial party who keeps time and little else.

9. F350

F350

Feb 3, 2005
    The Wyoming Plains
    I expect him to be as impartial as COWley.

10. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Did anyone hear Bahgdad Bob Schieffer's latest comment on the debates this morning???

I paraphrase (very closely, I just don't believe in my perfection so it's a paraphrase)

"Debate moderates are like sports officials, the only people who complain about their decisions are the losing team"

OH YAH, HE HAS NO BIAS.

11. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    So what exactly is his "common sense" solution? A psychiatric exam for anyone who wants a gun? I would trust the town soothsayer more than most psychiatrists. It's easy to bloviate about how we've got to do something. Specifics appear to be a bit more of a challenge.

12. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    im pretty sure after the complaints on cowley last debate hell be kept on a leash, to save face

13. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    For me, his competence is not in question. His willingness to moderate in an unbiased manner is.

14. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    You have a lot more faith in Liberals than I do. To them fair play is an unknown concept.

15. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

By whom ? .....

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I agree. The old fart will continue with the 2 on 1 forum.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. In a perfect world a moderator should simply ask the same question to both candidates and make sure they both are given the same amount of time to talk and respond to the questions asked.

Instead what we have is scripted entertainment. The moderators interject their personal political views, both intentionally and unintentionally, into the debates in an effort to make the debates more entertaining. Look at how the MSM treats the debates. They treat them as a game to be won based on "points". They grade the candidates and call the winner based on the canidates emotions and delivery style.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  18. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    Isn't the comission setting up the debates bi partisan? They could tell him to keep it cool or he'll never be allowed back or something like that

19. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    As I've asked before, why do we even need moderators? Lincoln and Douglas didn't have one.