close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bob Costas Interrupts Sunday Night Football With Gun Control Lecture

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Dec 3, 2012.

1. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nbc...nday-night-football-with-gun-control-lecture/

It's a shame that the liberal media "always" (24/7) has a bully pulpit for their half-baked theories on Constitutional law.

2. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Another person I don't listen to and holds no sway with me voices their obtuse opinion. To bad a great many people hear his diatribe. Unfortunately, more than a few will take his opinion to heart.

3. I'd be willing to bet that Costas owns a gun.

Most gun grabbers do.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    I always assumed the majority of the sports media was anti-gun.

5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Why don't progressives call for the banning of Islam after another terror attack or honor beheading?

6. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Good question. I'm dialing Hillary as we speak.

Damn! Can't get past that Huma girl. You know, the Muslim girl that helps Hillary set policy!

7. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Who is this "us"?

Does Costas have a mouse in his pocket?

8. Gregoire G

Gregoire G Silver Member

Mar 15, 2012
    TX
  9. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
  10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    :upeyes: Hmmm, ....... I guess Bob Costas never heard of: knives, baseball bats, shovels, or even tire chains and rope! Poor damned fool! Why do people like Bob Costas (and all of the other godless atheists we have around here) so completely fail to realize that it is neither the presence nor the absence of weapons - especially firearms - that guarantees the public safety?

The only truly effective way to guarantee the public's safety is to return America to being a God-fearing, God-believing, and God-worshipping nation. Without a popularly recognized and admired, 'Godhead' public morality is going to remain, 'in the crapper' where it presently is, right now!

Ultimately, absolutely nobody - peasants and politicians alike - is going to be safe. If the godless cretins don't murder you one way, then they'll surely murder you another. 'Guns' have nothing to do with how an ordinary man comports himself - Nothing! Popularly taught and agreed public morality does that.

(In other words - and for the more spiritually obtuse among us - the Ten Commandments remain valid, and SHOULD be returned to our public schools.)

Bob Costas, and a whole lot of other (essentially godless) people, need to understand this most basic psychological reality of human behavior. The Holy Bible AND guns really do belong together. ;)

11. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    and yet he is promoting a sport that is violent to a degree, the gun was only a tool. He could have easily mowed her down with an suv- sports car

12. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
  13. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

I never heard of Jason Whitlock (witless) before, but he articulates so well all of the idiotic talking points of the anti-gun crowd. Indeed, this diatribe captures all the mindless drivle of the Brady bunch...
    Spoken by someone who I am positive never picked up a gun in their life. I never owned a gun until early this year; now I carry every day and have never felt safer.
    People that say things like this are indeed deeply flawed and should not own a gun.
    I would agree when the "us" is a gang-banger who goes around looking for trouble. Too bad judges don't do their jobs in putting these criminals away.
    So if you carry a gun, it's like your whole persona changes - you're just itchin' to shoot someone, right?

If you've never fired a weapon or picked one up, you're tempted to view a gun as an offensive device for committing crime and violence. If you're a law-abiding gun owner, you view a gun solely as a defensive weapon of last resort, to use in a world increasingly filled with crazies.

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    If it weren't for the handgun everything would have been just fine for Belcher. :whistling:

This was a guy who probably could have killed his g/f with one punch. If his g/f had had a gun she might still be alive. Stick that up your pipe , Costas.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  15. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Maybe we should ban football players instead of guns.

[​IMG]

16. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Well lets look at the facts of the shooting- BF was upset cause GF was leaving him! Maybe for another man or women -never know these days! BF is one of those -your my GF and you can never have another types BF kills GF then himself! Happens more often then people relise! Him doing it with a gun is nothing ! As big as he was he could have just broke her neck with his bare hands! Wouldn't have changed the out come one bit! Sad situation but this it nothing new!:upeyes:

17. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Jan 15, 1999
    Houston, Texas

This^ Narcissistic sociopaths energized on PEDs and "recreational" drugs; also known as professional athletes.

18. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Rush Limbaugh must have read your post, AA.....amazing!

I see you posted this before Rush was on the air, and he expressed nearly everything you've said in this post on his program today.

I must clarify that atheists don't necessarily have unethical moral concepts......but, there is one distinct difference: Atheists don't believe there is a price to pay for bad behavior, so long as they aren't caught.

ooc

19. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    No, there's no price to pay for bad behavior if one isn't caught. Is it the fact that there's always a price to pay that dissuades the religious person from doing bad? Is it not possible for a person, religious or not, to refrain from doing bad things simply out of respect for others' rights, and not out of fear of the price?