close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bob Costas Anti-Gun Statement

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by INJoker, Dec 2, 2012.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Only if they changed since i last saw it. I try to avoid the insipid opening as much as possible.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Well, the geniuses may be on to something, but not what they want. Apparently there is some form brain injury that seems to be directly linked to head trauma and potentially to football injuries. Maybe SOMETHING can be blamed and it may well be football.

Yup that's it Costsas, look around for something to blame and it just might turn out to be the sport you make your living from.

Of course we don't care if the players become brain-damaged maniacs, just so long as they can't get guns.

3. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
  4. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    He was the local guy...like I stated, I don't follow him anymore so maybe Fox syndicates some of his articles.

:wavey:

red

5. count me as one of the million. now if someone can post a list of last nights sponsors I'll tell them also

6. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

Aug 27, 2006
    CT
    Just got an email from the NRA about this...

7. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    Costas, NBC and MSNBC are all despicable.. Just sayin'

8. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    Count me in too.

9. JJohnson

JJohnson Call me Jeff

Mar 3, 2002
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Clearly you have an enlightened sense of recognizing talent as compared to the rest of the mouth breathers. Congrats.

10. Averageman

Averageman

Oct 22, 2011
    Naaah, but feel free to edit yours; I stand by what I say.
    Jovan Belcher shot Kasandra Perkins nine times with a hand gun, killing the Mother of his Daughter and then killed himself leaving his daughter and Orphan.
    This isn't about guns, this is about nuts, Jovan Belcher was a mentally unbalanced. You just dont come home and decide to kill your baby momma by shooting her, you decide to empty the magazine.
    If you get to that point mentally, it doesn't matter if there is a handgun or a Knife (O.J. Please stand up) or a blunt object in the room, She is going to die.
    All Costas did was again make excuses for a failed way the press and public idolize athletes in America. Costa's is as guilty as anyone of fostering that culture.
    Costa is the same guy who interviewed Jerry Sandusky at the peak of his controversy while being charged as a pedophile.
    So after the interview with Sandusky what should Bob have blamed that crime spree of perversion on? After all if guns cause murders, then what is the weapon of choice when Men rape Boys? Just how do we eliminate it Bob?
    The point is guys like Bob Costa and the entire Sports Press, College Football Programs, even High School Football programs can leave a lasting effect on a young Man that, because I am so gifted at this sport the rules of normal life and society do not apply to me.
    You make them Gods, the trouble is they are not Gods and some never learn to live a normal life with rules and responcabilities. In no small part Bob, you are a part of the problem, not the answer.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  11. Averageman

Averageman

Oct 22, 2011
    To take this to it's normal level the only way Kasandra Perkins life could have been spared when fighting for her life against a NFL linebacker was if she had been armed with a pistol.

12. Poncho1969

Poncho1969

Dec 2, 2012
    Elgin, SC
    Really stinks.. He just needs to keep his mind on calling the game...

13. I have never cared for Bob Costas, or thought he had any integrity.

14. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    It's clear that a lot of people here don't understand free speech, at least in the Constitutional sense. The Constitution only prevents the government from interfering with free speech. Since a football game, including its commentators, is a product, the consumers of that product have every right to speak out against it if they don't like it. If enough people wrote to the NFL and NBC and they fired him, that would in no way be a violation of his right to free speech. He can still say anything he wants, we don't don't have to "purchase" the product that carries it.

And, it's not as if the Chiefs aren't already used to getting killed anyway! :)

15. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    I saw that episode. Great idea. You need to email southpark.

16. ND40oz

ND40oz

Jun 29, 2008
    N. Yorkshire/Denver
    Yes, up until 2010 he did local columns for the Kansas City Star, prior to that he had been fired from ESPN because of his mouth. Now he continues to get tons of national coverage while being paid by foxsports to write columns. Just last Feb, he took a lot of heat nationally for saying Jeremy Lin had a small "manhood" on twitter.

17. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

Sep 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Averageman,

I took a cheap shot at you in my earlier post, and I apologize.

It wasn't the point of what you were saying, it was how you were saying it - the name calling, etc.

We are in complete agreement as to how we feel about the situation, I just want to keep the conversation elevated above that so as not to get the thread locked.

18. captcurly

captcurly

Sep 14, 2008
    Southern Delaware
    I cannot give my opinion of Costas because I would get banned from GT. Never liked him and as a sportscaster I think he sucks. Costas has always been on my **** list.

19. Harley6133

Harley6133

Aug 25, 2012
    Just sent NBC and email. Telling them Bob is crap and I will be watching other stations

20. Averageman

Averageman

Oct 22, 2011
    I appologise if I offended you with my off the cuff angry reply earlier.
    I just really am begining to hate
    The NFL
    Bob Costas
    The Democratic party
    Football Players
    The Obama Administration
    The Republicans for being wimps
    The NRA for putting up with this crap after sending them all this money over the years
    That funny looking foreign kid that lives next door
    And folks who walk across my lawn.

Oh and did I mention I'm a Hoosier too?