close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

boar hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by jono446, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jono446

jono446

Jul 5, 2010
    Illinois
    Hey guys me and the family are thinking of going on a boar hunt and I am getting a new 1911 here soon and was thinking of taking it hunting. My question is, is the 45 acp+p enough to kill a boar? If it's not I don't want to take it of course. I'm not a big fan of hunting with too small calibers and wasn't sure if anyone here has done it successfully. Thanks guys

2. n0vember

n0vember germanolicious

Dec 1, 2008
    Germany.
    Small boar, at a range of 5-10 feet, in the head - yes, enough. everything else get something bigger.

3. ditto

You didn't say what type of hunt, but down here with bay/catch dogs and the time to literally walk up to a hog and place a very controlled shot, the 45acp does great.

if I was hunting stalking and without the aid of a dog, trap or other controlling items, I would selecting something designed for hunting and not on a 1911 platform.

4. jono446

jono446

Jul 5, 2010
    Illinois
    ok cool thanks for the help guys I think i'll be using something a bit bigger if you have to get that close to it