close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Blue tip 45acp

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Jeff51, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Jeff51

Jeff51 NRA Life Member

Jan 30, 2000
    North Dakota
    What are these? I bought some red tipped (tracer round) and some blue tipped rounds and am not sure incendery or what. I've had these for around 15 years ,bought from a specilty store. The red tipped rounds worked good! Thanks, Jeff

2. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010

3. Jeepnik

Jeepnik

Mar 5, 2008
    Could be Glasers. Post a photo, or, maybe just look at the headstamp. Nah, that might make too much sense. :supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

Mar 21, 1999
    DO NOT SHOOT THEM!!

Lord knows how you got hold of them!! Those are Astatine tipped with a Technetium and Promethium blended core which is the deadliest ammo ever devised and will shoot through over ten feet of solid rock. I have no idea how these escaped the lab and fell into civilian hands.

[​IMG]

5. Jeff51

Jeff51 NRA Life Member

Jan 30, 2000
    North Dakota
    I'm going to have to take them out to my son's farm this winter and see what happens to them when I shoot something solid. Jeff

6. TACC GLOCK

TACC GLOCK SEMPER FIDELIS

Aug 2, 2009
    South Florida
    Blue tip .45 I have never seen, Blue tipped 10mm I think are nuclear.

7. MSgt Dotson

MSgt Dotson

Sep 30, 2006
    I had some Glasers in '89 that looked like FMJ's with little blue tips...; 105 gr 'bullet' @1600 fps if memory serves...

8. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Here is a photo of what old-style and new-style Glaser Safety Slugs look like, in various calibers:

[​IMG]

Does it match any of these?

9. Jeff51

Jeff51 NRA Life Member

Jan 30, 2000
    North Dakota
    The rounds look similar to the far left one, but there is no ridge under the blue paint. Can I scrape a bit of the paint off to see what is underneath,with out hurting the round or me?

10. Merkavaboy

I suggest you use a little paint thinner to remove a portion of the paint, if that's what you want to do. But I'll bet dollars to donuts that you'll find nothing other than bullet jacket under the paint.

BTW, does your ammo look similar toe these blue painted incendiary loads (though these are flat point bullets):

http://deuce45s.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=179

11. Jeff51

Jeff51 NRA Life Member

Jan 30, 2000
    North Dakota
    Yes they do look about the same, other than the flat nose. I even think the paint is the same color. They came in a package of ten. I also got at the same time,.30 carbine tracer and .45acp tracer. Both of these worked fine.

12. Merkavaboy

I'm 99% sure that you have incendiary ammo, as almost every ad or website I've seen the ammo is sold in 10-packs and that's the way I've seen the ammo sold at booths at the Nevada gun shows I've attended.

Just be mighty careful where you shoot the stuff and have fun.