close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Blue Dot Left in Lee Pro Disk-OK?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by walrus108, Jul 20, 2011.

1. walrus108

walrus108

Feb 11, 2006
    Georgetown, TX
    I accidentally left some Blue Dot in my Lee Pro Auto Disk Measure, with the lid on, for a few nights. Is this going to still be OK to use?

The only thing I think that could be a problem is humidity. But it's pretty dry here in central Texas, with relative humidity in the 30% range. It's probably even drier in my garage where the press is. But I'm pretty new to this and thought it would be good to ask before I load a bunch more rounds that may not fire properly.

BTW- I just previously loaded my very first 50 rnds with my Lee Classic Turret press. 40 s&w with 180gr Berry's plated, with @8.35grains Bluedot in once fired Winchester brass (that I fired myself from WWB). I'm hoping this will be a very safe, accurate, and fun to shoot load for my first try.

2. ColoCG

ColoCG

Mar 18, 2011
    Colorado
    It shouldn't be any problem with your powder left in the measure as long as it is dry.
    I always empty mine when I am done, But that doesn't mean it is nescessary as long as it is kept dry.

The load you are planning on using sounds like a good mid-range load.

Good Luck.

3. kasper7106

kasper7106

Dec 10, 2010
    central ohio
    If I plan on reloading with the same powder the next day I will throw in a couple small desiccant packs in the hopper and put the lid on it. I live in Ohio where the humidity is very high right now and I reload in my basement witch has cement floors and block walls so its a little damper than the rest of the house. I haven't had any problems yet.

4. atakawow

atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    If you plan to leave powder in the hopper, remember to clear the work bench of any other powders and leave only the canister that the powder in the hopper came out of.

5. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Sound advice, but blue dot is pretty easy to identify. There are blue dots.