close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Blu ray players won't let you skip trailers?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jpa, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    I can't stand this crap and can't figure out a way around it. Anyone else? I really don't want to watch trailers for the Notebook while I'm trying to watch the Expendables.

2. BigChuck73

BigChuck73 Registered Lurk

Feb 18, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I can't tell you how much this annoys me!! My player, my movie...how dare they lock me from skipping? On some I've been able to fast forward....but not the same!

3. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    It's not the player it's the DVD's some do some don't

4. datnvan

datnvan

Apr 30, 2008
    i skip trailers with no problem. but i use a ps3. i cant go straight to the menu on some movies, i must skip each trailer one at a time.

5. Early DVD players could not skip "mandatory" parts like FBI copyright warnings either. Give the Chinese a few years.

6. Ogreon

Ogreon unlisted

Oct 3, 2006
    The disc is the main culprit, however, the player is also culpable. They are designed so that the disc can override the function that would allow one to skip the ads.

7. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
  8. mine9

mine9

Jan 31, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I was so happy that my Panasonic blu-ray would skip the previews... Then I did a firmware update(mandatory if you want to use the streaming features, and I use it to watch Netflix). No more skipping or fast forwarding. However, at least on mine, I found that if you hit the "Top Menu" button on the remote, it dumps you to the BR players main function menu, where you can then tell it to go straight to the disc's movie menu. Annoying, but at least it's something. Then again, it got REAL annoying when included in the previews were product ads... Do I really need a gum commercial on my blu-ray movies? Ugh. Stick to warnings and movie previews at least!