Blog series- Reloading safety and powder check systems

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by UltimateReloader, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Hey all- just wanted to share with you all that I just completed a seven part series on reloading safety with a deep dive on powder check systems:

Reloading Safety – A basic primer
    Reloading Safety: Powder Check Systems Overview
    Dillon XL-650 / 1050 Powder Check System
    RCBS Lock-Out Die Part I: Theory of Operation
    RCBS Lock-Out Die Part II: Setup and Maintenance
    Hornady Powder Cop Die – Overview
    RCBS Powder Checker Die

If you want to subscribe, please go here:
    http://ultimatereloader.com/subscribe

Have experiences you want to share with these systems or safety? Please leave comments!

Thanks guys,
    Gavin

2. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Gavin, very timely topic indeed. I've been using the Powder Cop die on my LNL'S and have actually been very satisfied with them.

Couple of weeks ago I ordered the RCBS Lock-Out die just to compare the two but haven't had the chance to get it set up however. The Dillon powder die is up and running on the 1050 but I'm looking forward to comparing all three.

Obviously my observations will relate only to my personal preferences and physical limitations while loading.

As I'm sure you've been told many times, your videos are very well produced and have undoubtedly saved loaders many headaches and reduced the level of frustration dramatically. Kudos to you... keep up the good work.

Jack

3. Thanks GioaJack!

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

-Gavin

4. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Never used them or saw a need to use them. I use visual confirmation of powder charge in the case.