Blew my mind... Had to share!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by steven07, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Stopped in my LCS today just killing time and this is what I saw. When I asked about it I was told people have been buying them too. I can't believe it!!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Please tell me that is $25 bucks and not $2500.....

3. That is just plain stupid to try and charge $250 for one of them mags, and I thought the gun shop I went to was crazy going from $34 to $70... on them .. needless to say I will not step foot in that place anymore, since all they want to do is price gouging on items...

4. Yeah I was real disapointed to see them do that. They have always been willing to work with me on a price because I'm in there about once a week but they won't be seeing much of me anymore. I was just looking for a few boxes of critical duty to try which I ended up getting for $24ea. Their response to the mag price was to go look at ebay & see what they're going for... Just as shocking. The way I see it if u don't have a full auto glock, why do you need mags for one. 17 rounds of nine and 13 rounds of fourth-five is plenty enough for me.

5. I am all for a profit but that is ridiculous. I would never step foot into that gun shop again and I would make sure that they know why.

6. Back prior to the Clinton/Frankenstein ban a LGS did the same routine 150.00,inflation I guess. They haven't been in business since 1996 or so. SJ 40

7. barth

barth six barrels

CheaperThanDirt has them for $150.
    Anywhere reasonably priced has sold out.
    Some places are taking orders for reserves I don't believe they really have.

Guess the three Big Stick 22 round 40 S&W mags I picked last year have appreciated???
    [​IMG]

#7 barth, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. Maybe they are used (Shouldn't they be packaged?) and it is $250 for all of them?

9. A good chance all these people paying "PANIC" prices may well be sorry later on.

What happens if the Politicians decide a large part of the countries mood is to "DO SOMETHING" and pass laws that ban Hi-Cap Mags and a large number of firearms?

No Grandfathering anything but a total ban.

Don't say it can't happen because first and foremost the lawmakers are Politicians and you can not depend on them.
    They drift with the wind.

10. Hah!! Talk about gougers! They would lose my business if I saw that garbage...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

11. With a Pearce extension and a round chanmbered I'm at 21 in my G17 or 34 with a 20 round #2 mag. 18 in my G22 with a 17 round back up. Tough to carry but the 33 rd. is hopeless. Like you said unless fully auto I've never seen the point.

Yeah - that LGS goes into the "NO BUY ZONE" for sure. Fortunately my local favorites have not lost their minds - maybe why I've landed with them in the first place - raised right, backbone, good moral standards - something like that.

12. my local shop has refused to jack up prices. pmagsa are sold out as fast as they come in. at 17 bucks a piece.

if these gougers think regular customers will forget, i think they will be unpleasently surprised

13. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

I paid $20 each from Botach because of a system glitch; time to profit.

Just kidding. Ridiculous prices are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. It is bad, my lgs that I used to work at was selling m&p sports for 1100 and lower recievers for 599

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. I have a hard time believing gun store counter workers when they play the "people have been buying them at that price" card.

16. I really hope this is a joke! That is insane, and any dummy willing to pay 250 bucks for one of those is really stupid

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. same here. a LGS in my area opened for 30-40 years pulled the same thing and was out of business by 96.

18. Short term gain, long term loss. People are stupid.

19. I'd love to talk to a few who paid that.

#19 Bruce M, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012