close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blaze Orange MDL 17 magazine

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by GuinnessMike, Feb 19, 2010.

1. GuinnessMike

GuinnessMike
    Expand Collapse

I have a totally Blaze Orange Glock mdl 17 magazine. If works perfectly just like a black one. I bought it back in the 80's when I got my first Generation model 17. I fell on hard times and had to sell the 17 but I kept the magazine. Now I have another 1 gen that I keep as my house gun. The organge mag I keep loaded with cor bon +p+ for defense. Has anyone else seen a mag like this - is this one valuable?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit
    Expand Collapse

Someone was selling a few of these a couple weeks ago here somewhere on the forum. I think they were asking somewhere around 2 for $50 or 60.

So maybe $25-30?

Good idea on keeping it loaded with defense rounds..

3. GuinnessMike

GuinnessMike
    Expand Collapse

I have never seen another one of these other than on this board
    Lots of orange base plates but no total mags that are entirely orange and made by Glock. I wouldn't part with it for the price of a new mag

4. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't sell it either, in fact I wanted to buy one of the ones that was for sale recently but my budget money was spent all ready.

5. anyplainjoe

anyplainjoe
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody special.

They were made preban to aid in training. Not worth too much, maybe $20-30. It's a good idea to update the springs - if you have a slowrising round the slide can ram it into the plastic of the mag, ruining it.

6. cookingaway

cookingaway
    Expand Collapse

they used to give them out free at matches.

7. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Officially, these were called Training Magazines, and they served the same function as the orange-baseplate magazines - knowing which mags get used all the time in training, hence beat up and worn-out quicker, and so not used with defensive ammo...

They had crates full of them at the GSSF match I went to about 5-6 years ago in Indianapolis. I bought one for the G-20 (10mm).

It's no more or less of a magazine than a standard black one, so no harm in using it. Since they only made them for a short time, I'm keeping mine new. Never know if it'll grow in value or not...

8. TJC

TJC
    Expand Collapse
    "No Compromise"
    Millennium Member

MMA10MM hit it right on the head.

I've got a bunch of these in 17 and 20 mags. I think I've got 8-10 for the G20 that are brand new. Got them when I was shooting GSSF matches yrs ago.
    Got another 5 or 6 for the G17. Most of those are now used. :supergrin: