Blackwater 590A1...and question?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by jamaicanj, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Good Day,

I just picked up my first ever pump shotgun, a 590 blackwater edition. I really like it. I am not too sure how I feel about the stock length as it does not feel all that natural when I acquire the sight picture. Not sure if it means that the stock is too long??

Question for you all. The safety seems a little stiff to move from safe to fire...is this normal on a new gun? Does it need to break in a bit??

Anyway, now to find a light to mount on the left side off the rail and to see about getting a side saddle.

All the best

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 jamaicanj, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Wts sig sauer p226 blackwater / sct 20 round magazines (nc) Gun Parts & Accessories Dec 27, 2014
    What do you know about Blackwater? The Okie Corral Dec 17, 2014
    Price Check on P226 Blackwater The Sig Sauer Club Nov 9, 2012
    Mossberg 590 Blackwater Tactical Shotguns Oct 18, 2012
    mossberg 590 blackwater info Tactical Shotguns Apr 26, 2012

3. pics?

4. I have an old 590 from the old days. Not familiar personally with the Blackwater 590 you refer to. But I would guess it has a SHORT stock to make-up for LBE and vests.

Can you measure the stock and your LOP and give is a real number?

TTR

5. Put a drop or 2 of good oile under the front and back of the safty button and work it back and forth and is should smooth up quite a bit.

6. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

depends on a little stiff.

mine was, it will wear in with some usage.

7. As was mine, but it smoothed up with use.
    I do have an ongoing issue with shells feeding from the mag though. It was really bad at first, but it seems to be loosening up now after 200 or so shells.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. OP, yes the Blackwater is a very long feeling gun. At least it is to me. I handled a 20" barreled Blackwater next to a 20" 590A1 and a 18.5" Remington 870 the other day and both of the mossbergs felt very long in comparison to the 870, which had the exact same length butt stock. What I'm thinking is that the slightly longer and heavier profile barrels of the Mossbergs just made them feel longer in comparison, either way, one of the first things I do with a newly acquired shotgun is put shorter stock on it. As far as the safety being too stiff, it will loosen up a little bit with use.