close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for my Glock

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by DURBANS, Jun 20, 2011.

1. DURBANS

DURBANS

Aug 7, 2003
    Lima PERU
    Hey guys,

I just got home with the Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster and mag carrier, as well as the Quick Disconnect kit I recently ordered online, waited 3 weeks to get to Peru.

Anyways, I have a couple of questions... how do you conceal this thing? I tried putting it on with both the paddle and the belt loop adaptors and I look like a cop! The gun just hangs out there saying "hey, I'm here!".

Now, I tried it with the Quick Disconnect system and that's even worse! I love the "idea" but it makes the holster offset from my body about an inch or so, making it even more noticeable.

I tried wearing a couple jackets and a hoodie, and I mean, it's weird, it's like you're hiding a big bottle of Coke and it shows. Are there any tips for this particular holster??

Thanks!

2. I like the Serpas but I cant carry concealed with it.

3. The Serpa is probably the WORST concealing holster ever made. Not much you can do in that respect.

4. a81lp

a81lp

Jul 29, 2010
    MD
    this, i have a few for around the house for oc, but your not hiding anything with that holster

5. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
  6. Black&TAN

Black&TAN Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Even in hard winter clothing, coats, I have yet to find a way to conceal my Blackhawk Serpa.

Quick, secure holster, but like the others said-- no way around the fact that they just do not hide well.

via Tapatalk

7. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Dec 18, 2004
    California
    As others have said, you bought the least concealable concealment holster available..Another vote for Comp-Tac.

8. Longhornamus

Longhornamus

May 11, 2011
    I gave up trying to conceal mine. I am currently using it as a dedicated holster for around the lease. Love the holster, just can't hide it!

9. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

Jun 1, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    If you are wanting a paddle holster that is easy to conceal, the Fobus holsters are in the same price range as that Serpa. They are tight against your body and don't stick out like the one you got.
    Like mentioned above for IWB, Comp-Tac makes a good product and so does Crossbreed. I have owned both and they are both very comfortable. Personally I like the Crossbreed better and I sold my Comp-Tac to a member on here. For Concealed carry, IWB is the way to go.

10. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    XXL trench coat!
    I have one for farm carry, great for that lousy for a concealing holster.

11. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    SERPA does a great job in a tactical purse using the molle attachment. I carry my G20/21 or my P226 in my Maxpedition bag, just about everywhere. :cool:

12. bjesse60

bjesse60

Aug 7, 2008
    KY
    This, although I do like my serpa for range duty. :cool:

13. DURBANS

DURBANS

Aug 7, 2003
    Lima PERU
    Great. This is one of those FML moments.

I've waited for 3 weeks, paid 45 bucks for shipping (to Peru) and spent 3 hours in the Peruvian post office (which is something that looks and feels like WW2) to get a really nice holster, and I can't use it!

I need to be able to carry this thing, otherwise I just spent 1000 bucks on a gun I can only use at the range... I knew I should've chosen something IWB, but wow, that was 130 bucks ago (I bought a holster, a mag carrier and QD kit).

I there anything I could do to this? Why do they call this a "close quarters concealment holster"?? I could've gotten a Fobus holster here for 30 bucks, but I dunno, they look kinda like the same thing. Makes me think I should've gotten a Ruger LCP and a pocket holster! :crying:

I really liked the QD concept too, I even bought some velcro tape and all to find a place in the car to place the gun while driving...

14. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

May 23, 2009
    DFW TX
    Serpa works well but is difficult to conceal - found better success with the belt attachment and large outer clothing.

15. bruzer

bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    I'll give a shout-out for Tommy THEIS holsters. I don't know if he ships out of country but his prices are very reasonable.
    It is IWB but for me to properly conceal a Glock 22 I can't do it with an OWB and not have a HUGE pistol looking bulge under my shirt. Good luck.
    Mike

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  16. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    A lot of it will depend on body type. I usually can conceal my Sherpa with just a t shirt. A good belt helps for me and keeping it tight against the body. When I wear mine I have a slight pudge where the gun is and to many people it looks like a cell phone or something. Otherwise no one notices it at all.

Guess I'm one of the few that can use it for conceal.

17. My gracious man, Peru HAS changed since I was last there!!! Back in the day the cops could even have pistols. They were lucky to have this little traffic podium to stand on, of course it did have to advertise, "Tome Inca Cola." Now civilians carrying guns? What's next?
    I have the regular Blackhawk CQC holster, and while it's comfortable, things don't conceal well in it. Since I am a LEO I don't have to worry too much about that, but the older I get the less I like to "advertise" that I'm carrying. Besides, a pistol that sticks out too far gets in the way of my portable oxygen bottle that I pull along behind me.
    A company called Eagle Industries made a VERY concealable OWB plastic-type holster that I tried one day. It was comfortable enough and very concealable. Since I'd borrowed the one I had I tried to order one for myself but never got a reply from the company. Forum member 3/4flap has a new holster that seems to work well. Maybe he'll chime in.
    Man, gun-toting Peruvians! What's next?

18. JBL13

JBL13

Oct 24, 2010
    Northern Utah
    +1 for me, my Serpa, and my G21SF.

19. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nov 29, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I agree. Yet you see a lot of people state on here that they conceal it. For the life of me I can't see how you would successfully conceal it unless you are wearing an over-sized down jacket.

20. DURBANS

DURBANS

Aug 7, 2003
    Lima PERU
    What's your body type like?

I'm 6'1, and around 210 pounds or so. Let me know what works best for ya, and also, what do you look like, maybe it works best on small framed people, I dunno.

I really don't see myself buying a new holster anytime soon, unfortunately, spending 140 bucks for the holster/mag pouch and QD kit and lets not forget the grand I spent on the Glock isn't that much of a party for the wife... And I seriosly wouldn't want to tell her I messed up and we need to spend more money.

Now, I'm thinking of using this holster and the Quick Disconnect kit for a different purpose... I was thinking of setting the male adapter on the holster and placing a female adapter somewhere on the car, where I can set the gun while driving. I will unfortunately not be able to carry the gun when I get off the car since it's a huge bulge and I don't always wear big coats. I'm thinking of maybe getting one of these... they're cheap, and I dunno if they work well?

[​IMG]