close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Black wedding banned by Baptist church

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Jul 29, 2012.

1. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    You mean there are still racists? Despite all the laws passed? We haven't been able wipeout unpopular thoughts and beliefs?

I am shocked I tell you,shocked!

Al, Jessie, get on this immediately, theres' publicity a goin to waste here.

Other than that,

:yawn:

2. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    Well, if tradition holds, democrat.

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    I wonder if the church caught on fire and some black firefighters showed up if they would opt for them not to be allowed to fight the fire....somehow I think their skin color would not matter at that point.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  4. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
    What does who they are voting for have to do with it. if the church did what they said then they are a bunch of racist.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my DROID RAZR

5. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas

Don't ask me, I never asked.

Maybe you should insult the one who did.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  6. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
  7. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Racism will always be with us, but we can categorize them into the same public perception as the KKK and Black Panthers. This is where racism belongs......not in some institution that publicly speaks the truth, but doesn't practice what they preach. The racists need to preach the hate they believe, so that the rest of us can judge them by the merits of their words.

I would leave that church........

ooc

8. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    exactly...i would publicly denounce actions such as this that happened at my church on the way out the door.

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    That's a trick question - they're staying home and accidentally helping Obama win.

However, they have as much right to their beliefs on race as they do to their beliefs on religion. 100 years ago, they'd have been perfectly normal - 100 years from now, who knows what will be socially fashionable.

And by "socially fashionable" I mean, of course, an "undeniable, self-evident, eternal moral truth"...right now...in 1st world countries...in the west...with majority white populations.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

OH, NO! A liberal played the race card!

We were afraid this would happen one day on Glocktalk.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  11. This is a Religious Issue, not a Political Issue.

There is an election coming, don't let any trolls get the entirePolitical Issues forum locked down as in the past.

12. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    FEMA REGION III
    +1

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. Harbour

Harbour

Aug 15, 2007
    Central Coast
    This incident obviously has both religious and political ramifications. Discussion here of the political ramifications seems entirely appropriate.

Why would discussion of this subject cause the Political Issues Forum to be locked down?