Black Rain Lower

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by 03Cobra, Nov 18, 2012.

1. So, I just ordered a 300 AAC upper from PSA and got a Black Rain lower from cheaperthandirt. after putting the two pieces together, I am not happy with the fit of the lower. Anyone else have one of these lowers and have a similar experience?
    lower on PSA upper

PSA on Stag lower; much better fit and much cheaper lower

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Black Rain Ordnance BRO-PG5 Piston Black Rifle Forum Mar 15, 2015
    Remington Black Belt Golden Sabre 124 grain +P GATE Self-Defense Forum Feb 11, 2015
    GT Braintrust: Need flooring advice (black mastic) The Okie Corral Dec 6, 2014
    Black Rain Ordnance Generation III Gun Championship September 5-7th, 2014 General Competition Oct 28, 2013
    Why The Internet Is A Black Hole For Your Brain Political Issues May 25, 2013

3. I always thought that the black rain stuff was WAY OVERPRICED for what you got. I really like STAG rifles- I have a couple...they seem to be a good value for what you are paying for.

4. Every black rain product I have seen is gimmicky garbage consisting of horrible machining and overpriced.
  5. That's abysmal. I would be on the phone with them.
  6. Return it and get a MEGA lower. Mega makes some of the highest quality AR parts on the market.
  7. I left them a message about the issue.
  8. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Did you try installing the takedown and pivot pin, then fitting the two together?
  9. yes, I just did that. I had to use a rubber mallet to get it to work, but after it is together the fit is good. unfortunately you have to use a mallet to get it apart, but I guess too tight is better than too lose.

I feel like I judged it too soon, I just didn't expect to have to use a mallet to get it together. once it is together it is tighter than my Stag.
  10. No, too tight is not better than too loose. Loose will not effect anything. Tight, to the point you need a mallet to get the receivers apart is bad. I guess you can purchase a pair of those jeans w/ the hammer loop and ware them whenever you go shooting.
  11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

It will loosen. Sadly, the steel pin will wear away & oblong the
    receiver holes. Not good. :crying:
  12. lucky for me 5.11 tactical pants already have the loop.
  13. Lucky you. Which ones?
  14. These have a loop in the back
    [ame=""] 5.11 #74251 Men's Cotton Tactical Pant: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@[/ame]
  15. Obviously not really for a hammer ;)
  16. I own all sorts of different 5.11's and had never seen the carpenters loop. Thought maybe you could show me something I missed.

Seriously though, having to use a mallet to separate receivers is not good.
  17. that would not be acceptable in my book

I have built Spikes, POF, Stag, Rock River and other lowers and have never had to use anything but my fingers to push the pins in

I would be asking for a refund
  18. This.

Also, hi weenie.
  19. To be clear, the pins go right in. I use a mallet to tap the lower forward. Once it is in place the pins slip right in. I have called them, so we shall see.
  20. what you are describing is an out of spec lower receiver. Don't let them off the hook for this. They will just keep producing ****.
  21. Get rid of that lower, it's out of spec. Looks like black rain focuses more on making cool looking logos and other gimmicks than in making good American firearm parts.