close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Black MK9?

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Redstate, May 27, 2012.

1. Redstate

Redstate

May 17, 2011
    Desiring to find a used MK9 that is blued instead of stainless. Don't care for shiny guns. Checked the Kahr website and they only make the MK9 in stainless. Wondering if anyone knows whether Kahr ever produced one in black. Don't want to be looking for something that does not exist.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. ZombieJoe

ZombieJoe

May 7, 2012
    Great Laker
    I have never seen one. After owning the MK9 and the K9, I prefer the K9. I know as im sure you do too, that the K9 comes blued. If you want I can give you the dealers info, where I got my latest.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Redstate

Redstate

May 17, 2011
    Thanks. I already have a P9 Covert and had a K9, all stainless. Didn't care for the long grip on the K9. It was a very nice pistol in any event. I think I would like my P9 Covert more if the slide were black.
    I didn't think there was ever a balck MK9; so, I will look for a used stainless one. I definitely do not want the super shiny "Elite"

4. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    This is the closest thing to being completely blue.

[​IMG]

5. Redstate

Redstate

May 17, 2011
  6. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Don't want to hijack but I got this in a trade from Gunnut. He works in a custom shop out of Nixa, MO. It has the flats polished and the rounds blued. The bluing is a very hard finish. I'm not sure what the finish is, but it feels like ceracote. The grip has a undercut at the top so your finger has a tighter grip. There is also a minor melt job on certain parts like the slide release.

7. Cowart

Cowart

Jun 8, 2008
    Why not just get the gun you want and have it blued or coated, such as Cerakote? (Yes, there are places that can blue stainless steel). I suspect that a company as small as Kahr probably has it's black guns done by an outside company anyway.

One big advantage would be that it provides an opportunity to make desired changes to the gun before it is refinished. Such as rounding the edges of the slide stop, etc. You could also get your magazines done to exactly match the gun.

8. Redstate

Redstate

May 17, 2011
    They are already expensive enough that I don't want to have to throw more money at it for cosmetic purposes.

9. sambeaux2249

sambeaux2249

Dec 4, 2006
    Louisiana
    Search for an MK9-BOX... BOX == Black Oxide... They briefly produced a carbon steel MK9 as a value option. This predates the PM9, I believe. It was available about the same time as the
    E9. Good luck finding one. I hear they are about as rare as hen's teeth.

Sam

10. Redstate

Redstate

May 17, 2011
    Thanks Sam. At least now I know that there may be one to be found.

11. sambeaux2249

sambeaux2249

Dec 4, 2006
    Louisiana
    No problem and good luck.

12. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    I had one a while back. Those are the two tone models. A black slide with the stainless frames.