Black coyote

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by cocked and locked, Aug 29, 2011.

1. cocked and locked

cocked and locked LiveFree or Die

i am i security guard for a wind farm. on duty i saw a black coyote. i have heard of them but i had never seen one in years of varmint hunting. does anyone know how common black coyotes are?
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Black stocks vs OD, Coyote, etc? Black Rifle Forum Jan 12, 2010
    Black Phase Coyote Pic Hunting, Fishing & Camping Feb 5, 2009
    Blue box blackhill ammo what grain and type of bullet for coyotes,out of a AR-15 Hunting, Fishing & Camping Jan 11, 2003
    What grain and what type of black hills blue box for varmit hunting,coyotes 5.56 AR-1 Hunting, Fishing & Camping Jan 10, 2003
    Looking for your advice on on possible future Black Rifle purchase. Black Rifle Forum Yesterday at 8:17 PM

3. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

I know in all my 60 years of being and living in the woods and canyons of Oklahoma to W. Texas, I have only seen "One." He came under a tree stand i was in behind our house in Oklahoma panhandle chasing a rabbit with 2 other yotes of 'normal color'. I used to hunt yotes for bounty yeeeeeeeears ago up there, and have seen countless numbers of them all my life. One black one is it for me. He was a very hansome looking yote. I let him go. Besides, I was waiting on a very big buck I had staked out. ;)

I'll add ONE black panther to that list as well. Also on the ranch back home in Okla. About the size of a small cougar.

Now if I could just see big foot, just once ! :supergrin:

#2 CanyonMan, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011