close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Black community still suffering from ‘disproportionately high unemployment

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    This is much of the crux of the legitimate unemployment problem. People don't want to go where the work is. I have never understood it. If there is no work here, then you sure as **** should pack it up and go to there where this is work! If this country had a work or starve mentality, there would be a whole lot more work being done!!

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Funny you should mention this. I took a beating from some of our "preppers" in the Survival Forum because they insist that hoards of people are going to flee the cities into every nook and cranny of the wilderness and upset the ecology, kill off all the game and various other bad things.

I got whacked because I said that I don't see it happening, based partially on the fact that it didn't happen in the thirties, when the society was a bit closer to that "pioneer" mentality, and given the fact that people aren't fleeing the cities now and in fact are clinging to them. If "something" happens (whatever you want to call it) there will still be politicians, politicians will play to their greatest concentrations of voters. (That is why there were "soup kitchens" and such in the CITIES in the '30s) The frogs will sit in the pans (the cities) as the heat is turned up, expecting Government to solve their problems rather than take responsibility for themselves.

I just don't see people who won't move to where there is work now suddenly throwing the family in the car to go live in a tent in the woods. But I was outvoted in that forum by the experts.

3. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    what isn't? :upeyes:

4. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    So you wondered into the loony bin and are surprised at what was going on in there?

I thought that sub-forum was mainly supposed to be comedy?

5. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    Haven't you ever heard of hatefacts?

6. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    The trouble is, if you move to the Dakotas you may have to really work. Who needs that when "our" government is so generous?

7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    They really should put a warning sticker on it.

The suspension of common sense required to take it seriously (snicker) was more than I could hack.

8. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

The criminals who are robbing and killing people for money in the cities almost never leave the cities to come out in the countryside now to do their deeds. I sure can't see them doing it when they have to walk instead of drive.

9. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Cities are a "target rich" environment for criminals AND politicians.

Things that make you go "Hmmmm"