close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Black community still suffering from ‘disproportionately high unemployment

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Feb 5, 2013.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    I know a guy with seven Snickers, but he doesn't keep 'em in a bank.

Why would ANYbody want to "reasearch the patents held by black individuals"? That's just silly. How would you even do that? Are patents filed by race?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. CourtCop

CourtCop Millennium Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Brodheadsville, PA
    Thanks, just shot Diet Coke through my nose.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Well, since unemployment for blacks was that high before the last election, and around 95 per cent still voted for Obama, I'd say they don't really have much of a complaint.

4. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

OF course we know about George Washington Carver, we are not as ignorant s you would like to believe. Quite in fact I have been working on an historical article about an escaped slave who was instrumental in the development of our community here on the west coast.

We do not fit your "stereotype", the folks here are just quoting the facts and the numbers as they stand. I don't recall anyone here saying that there re no successful blacks or anyone who resents them or would denigrate their success.

When you have such a strong pattern of behavior that is identified so obviously, to ignore it, would be racist in its own right.

5. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    Yes. That's why the poverty level and median household income is so good in rural Mississippi (the most Whitest and Republican place on the planet).

As if white politicians aren't taking advantage of their white constituents ?? As if white people aren't unemployed ?? As if white voters haven't been voting 'all-white' since the founding framers.

Wake TFU and then Shut TFU and then fix your own racist political party.

6. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    So, Professor Carver's two dinner guests...Edward "Skippy" Williamson and Frederick "Jif" Armstrong - two white men - stole George Washington Carver's recipe for peanut butter, copyrighted it, and reaped untold fortunes from it. While Dr. Carver died penniless and insane, still trying to play a phonograph record with a peanut.

7. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Jan 8, 2004
    I think the issue is not one particular geographic area but rather the nation as a whole.

I think that if you look at the situation of the US as a whole, it becomes quite evident that the "bell curve" is not racist, it is a simple fact.

That said, individuals must be treated as individuals, not as a member of a group.

8. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    If one watches Hannity tonight he will see and hear a brilliant pediatric neurosurgeon who happens to be a black gentleman of distinction.

Check it out.

9. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Thanks for the heads up, 'Hook -- I trust you're talking about Dr. Benjamin Carson. :cool:

10. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Jan 8, 2004
    Dr. Benjamin Carson
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZfaXNBO9PU"]Dr. Benjamin S. Carson Delivering a Noteworthy National Prayer Breakfast Speech - YouTube[/ame]

11. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

Yes. :thumbsup:

12. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    'The nation as a whole' ??? Well, how about more non-blacks are below the poverty line than blacks? How about more non-blacks are on entitlements programs than blacks? How about more non-blacks who vote purely on party lines and/or color than blacks ??

I think that if you look at the mentality of GT as a whole, it becomes quite evident that the ulterior motive of this thread is quite racist. It is a simple fact.

13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    dont blame obama, he used black folks because he knew how easy it was to get their votes....he didnt really have any intention of getting real job movement going for anybody let alone blacks.

14. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Considering that African-Americans comprise somewhere between 10-13 percent of the total population -- one would HOPE that more non-blacks are on the poverty line, and more non-blacks are on entitlement programs. :shocked:

15. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Put that in a percentage by race and get back to me.

16. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I hear this crap at work....... more whites on welfare than blacks. Tell them as a percentage by race and they look at you like a deer in the headlights. Parrot a stupid dem talking point without even a clue as to math.

17. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Like the old riddle,

Why do the white horses in the circus eat twice as much as the black horses?"

18. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    'Hook -- just watched the Hannity segment, and had to thank you again for giving me the heads up that Dr. Carson would be on. [​IMG]

What an absolutely amazing, articulate, charming, and profound gentleman is this Dr. Carson! I didn't think I could admire him any more than after seeing his speech, but he managed to turn that feat.

His upbringing and background should be an inspiration to us all. I love the fact that he mentioned that public feedback to his speech has been "99.5 percent" complimentary.

I really hope to see much more of him as a public figure.