Black community still suffering from ‘disproportionately high unemployment

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Keep voting color over policy. It's working so well............

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Finally: Common sense from the black community Gun-Control Issues Jul 18, 2013
    Anyone seen a Black Swan Lately? Gold down 40% since 2010 The Okie Corral Saturday at 10:03 AM
    300 Blackout Die Recommendation Reloading Thursday at 4:22 PM
    Fake Black But Real Broke Political Issues Wednesday at 1:23 PM
    FS in TX - Black Duty Dan Wesson VBOB 1911 - 45 ACP - Like new! Firearms Listings Tuesday at 11:02 AM

3. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Blacks make up 12% of the labor force, but have a 13.8% jobless rate?

:headscratch:

4. Disregarding race all together...anyone unemployed 99 weeks (that is nearly two years folks) isn't looking.

These people aren't stupid; the more things change the more I think I'm the stupid one for working.

My MIL recently evicted a group of young "adults"...4 of them in what was admittedly a slumlord's house.

Each of them had worked at the same place...each had been on unemployment going on 19 months.

They literally drank, got high, played PS3 for the past year and a half. I seriously can't pinpoint if they are just lazy, stupid or geniuses? Throw out pride and self respect and there is no limit to how low you can go.

5. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

When you pay people to do nothing, don't be too surprised when they do nothing.

Have to work or starve, and you'll be surprised how many jobs Americans will do.

6. I'm not sure, in all cases "suffering" is the right word.

7. Probably because they also suffer from disproportionately baby daddy missing.

8. ...I guess Obama's "grand strategy" is to turn things around in his fourth term... [​IMG]

9. It's a percentage within a percentage.

I'd say blacks are voting democrat, and it's not working.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. Now that's funny. Unfortunately I fear that's where we're headed. Name may change, results will not.

11. ScubaSven

ScubaSven PersonaNonGrata

It was a poorly worded sentence. The author meant to say: "12% of the US labor force is black. Amongst the black labor force, the jobless rate is 13.8%."

12. The answers to these problems have been known for decades; turns out politicians are more interested in buying votes from the ignorant than they are in doing what's best for the country.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZDcMjz2hVk"]Thomas Sowell - Reducing Black Unemployment - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZlsR3tNI_c"]Milton Friedman- Welfare - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QxO49Ycx0"]Thomas Sowell Dismantles Egalitarianism (Frances Fox Piven Edition) - YouTube[/ame]

It's not a poorly worded sentence, one just needs to know the meaning of "rate".

13. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga!
    Platinum Member

The blacks are stupid. Sorry, but that's just a fact. The Democrats have had them in their back pocket for decades as reliable voters (95% last election). They're promised everything but nothing ever changes for them.

If they could think independently and starting looking at themselves as people and not BLACK people, maybe they could be successful and pull themselves out of their rut.

14. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Like LBJ said if the democraps could hijack and claim the civil rights bills, they'd be voting democrap for generations.

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

So get a job. We have jobs in the upper half of the state employee pay scale that require nothing but a high school diploma, drug test and reasonably clean record and we can't get applicants. A large portion of those jobs are just outside Louisville, which has KY's biggest unemployed black population.

There used to be a black "community activist" in Louisville who would complain periodically that the state police didn't hire blacks. The commissioner, when I was working for him, told him to send him any qualified black applicants and he'd hire them. I honestly don't think he has protested since and that was 6-7 years ago.

#14 Bren, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  16. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

No, it's working perfectly. Now, they get a paycheck without that pesky work requirement.

17. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

That drug test is a deal breaker for some. Clean record? That ruins it for some others. It's so unfair [/sarcasm]

18. Guim not the only one who says this.

19. when you find a man in a hole, chances are he has a shovel in his hand. this hole has a army of earth moving equipment and operators in it. :whistling:

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

And the guy driving the biggest backhoe has been elected president by the people in the hole...twice.