close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Black Bear Hunting

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by harley45, Nov 1, 2011.

1. harley45

harley45
    Expand Collapse

I am looking for some recommendations on a guide for Black Bear with my 10mm. Does anyone have any actual experience with this or know a guide who does?
    Thanks, Eric

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. rcd567

rcd567
    Expand Collapse

I would think anyone who guides bowhunters and gun hunters would be understanding of the limitations on using a handgun. Lots of bowhunters hunt over bait and get shots inside 30 yards. That would work for your 10.

3. Kegs

Kegs
    Expand Collapse
    Ol 8 fingers ;)

There is a guy on here who killed a black bear with his Dan Wesson (I think) 10.

Heavy bullet for those thick skinned rascals.

4. harley45

harley45
    Expand Collapse

I've read all kinds of internet accounts of it, I'm just having trouble finding a guide that will let me use 10mm. I even called a guy in Maine who is in love with the Remington 210gr JSP 41 magnum which averages the same velocity out of a 4 inch gun as my 200gr Lead Slugs do and he still said no

5. bear10

bear10
    Expand Collapse

I hunted bear with an outfitter in New Mexico who carried a Delta Elite and swore by his 10mm. He was a former Marine who loved his 1911. We hunted with his hounds while riding horseback and it was a great hunt. I used a .44 Super Blackhawk on this hunt in 2006. He brought the 10mm to my attention and now i want to go back for a mountain lion hunt. Contact Mike Root at longtail@riolink.com

6. harley45

harley45
    Expand Collapse

This sounds exactly like what I am looking for and if he does mountain lion all the better!
    Thank you so much