close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bizarre blood pressure and eye look..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JuneyBooney, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I told you guys about some strange bp readings at the horsepital when the contact lens was stuck in the eye. Well, last week I was supposed to do a taping for a tv show and I could not read the screen with my good eye..eyes looked like slits and eyes were sick looking, bp at home was back up to 170/110 and I felt lousy. So then I call the doc and off I go again. Then I am told again that I have a sinus infection and that may be upping my bp. Doc once again says it is within normal range at his office?:wow: So I on;y take antibiotics and Aleve and no bp meds but then all of a sudden the bp is 111/70 to 121/81 and is not moving? My eyes look different and i can see out of the eye...can an infection mess you up that bad?? I guess I will keep writing down the bp readings for the doc but this really seems strange. Feel like I am going to die one evening and the next day totally fine. Maybe it is Obamastress..:faint:Anyone ever have this kind of stuff happen?

2. i don't have blood pressure problems, but a lot of sinus problems, including, my right side is always swollen shut, causes dizziness out of nowhere, or blitzkrieg like headaches.:dunno:, vision can go from blurry to double and back to normal in seconds.
    good luck with yours, the BP stuff can be dangerous.:wavey:

3. The doc told me that my bp problems are more likely than not caused by my sinuses. :shocked:

4. puckhead

puckhead

Feb 26, 2009
    Sinus problems can jack up all sorts of stuff!

That does sound strange though, have you seen multiple docs?

Mine get bad enough some times where I consider surgery. Had a buddy go through with it and he said he feels 10x better.

5. good luck with that...whatever it is.

6. fwm

fwm

May 31, 2006
    Near Central US
    Ant pain or stress will drive your BP up.

When I had a kidney stone my BP was 210 over 170.
    As I also had an ongoing heart problem, the doctor decided it had to come down. 4 doses of morphine later it was low enough he sent me home to pass it.

So, yes, sinus infections can raise your BP.

I don't recommend morphine for your BP if you are still doing stuff, it can make you very tired.

7. Morphine sounds pretty good to me. :whistling: I am sure the sinuses are driving me to strange looks and high bp. Up and down depending on how the sinuses are acting with this infection. :shocked:

8. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    With weird stuff like that I think i would be adding an 81Mg aspirin to my diet...

Should be interesting hear what it ends up being...

Heal Quickly!

Patrick