Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

bivy sack or shelters ideals

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Anybody used a bivy sack for over night sleeps over? I need something that would keep me dry, protected from grounds items ( ants, snakes, mosquitos, etc ) and then warm. ( in this order or priority ).

I remember seeing some special OPs guys at Hulburt Field ( FLA ) doing some type of field training with bivy sacks over a few decades back, but I never thought up the ideal of using one for camping in the field over a tent.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. smoke

Jan 11, 2000
    Yes, I've used one, US Army issue. No place to keep your gear/pack dry. However, for personal use, I prefer one-man tents.

3. I'm in a one man tent now, ( Eureka Solitare ) and was hoping to use something else, As far as gear being wet, I can away place it under a roll or garbage bag. I 'm more concern with ME getting wet :supergrin:
  4. I've used bed rolls on the ground and one man tents and the best thing I have ever slept in while camping is a hammock.

Get one of the models with a mosquito screen and put a tarp over it.

I've replaced the blue poly tarp with a nylon one from Sportsmans Guide.

Cool weather you need a foam pad under you for insulation. Real cold weather guys use an under quilt.
  5. Trees are sparse and far and not near as an option for the most part in my woods.