close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bison Armory Expanding AR Calibers

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Ruggles, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Bison Armory is going to start making rifles in the standard 223/5.56 AR chambering. Previously they made them in 6.8 SPC and .308/7.62 calibers.

http://bisonarmory.com/16-223-recon-rifle/

I have a 6.8 upper from them. Looking at getting a 2nd 6.8 from them, maybe a compete gun.

The 223 looks to be a nice rifle. :wavey:

Now for the "over priced" "too new" "I stick with...." comments to follow :rofl:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Don't see anything on there to make it seem worth $1500 to me.

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    See how I predicted your response! The latest pic of me

[​IMG]

:tongueout:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  5. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Looks like a nice setup, these days that price is not bad at all. Time will tell if these are quality rifles.

6. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    I'm definitely not one to bash, based solely on name brand and Internet heresay.

However, the fact is that there are MANY quality AR builders already on the market, with proven track records, who offer products at reasonable prices.

When a new builder bursts on the scene with prices rivaling the likes of BCM, Colt, Daniels Defense, LaRue, Noveske, etc... I would highly recommend tapping the brakes.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    That's how I feel, as well. Except for availability, BCM offers a 16" upper with a SS410 barrel, the same Troy rail, and 1/8 twist for around $760. That leaves over $700 left to add in a BCG and charging handle, and build a good lower - plenty of budget to do so, and you're getting a known quantity from BCM in the process.