close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bill O'Reilly says you can buy a "machine gun"...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by cowboy1964, Jul 24, 2012.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    ... and the feds won't get a "heads up". And an AK-47 is a "heavy weapon" on the same scale as a "bazooka".

What a buffoon.

2. Yeah, I caught that too. As much as I like O'Reilly at the end of the day he is just another TV host.

3. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    The odd aspect to his statement: you CAN buy a machine gun in the US, if the weapon was registered before 1986. And to do it LEGALLY does give the Feds a heads-up.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. marchboom

marchboom

Aug 18, 2006
    Idaho
    Tonight's "Talking Points" were filled with B.S. Who does his research for him? Fire that person. And he gets pissed off when other reporters don't get the info right.

Come on Bill, get it together. You're losing your credibility.

I think he will get a few emails from people more "in the know".

5. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I saw it. My wife gave me a "premium" membership on his site for Xmas. I have never even looked at it. I think I'll message them and tell him to stuff it.

i saw that drool coming out of his mouth and decided I've had it with the idiot.

6. You've got to keep in mind that O'Reilly is a "Rockefeller Republican" from Long Island. He wouldn't know a wheel gun from a pocket knife. He comes from what everyone here would call a "RINO" tradition, i.e., the "moderate" wing of the GOP. He never has been a conservative even though the MSM likes to paint him as such.

7. O'Reilly is just another clueless NE republican, which, IMHO, is more liberal than a SE democrat.

8. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    And he works in NY, NY in the world of Bloomberg. You can see why they would all be confused there.

9. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    The funniest thing about that segment, was O'Reily bashing Bill Moyers, and then making his statements about machineguns!:rofl:

Maybe both Bills, should have their pictures taken together, and be the poster boys, for, intelligent people that don't know shinola about gun laws. Bill O, really lost some credibility last night. Hopefully he gets inundated with mail telling him of his blunder, and retracts tonight.:upeyes:

10. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    He'll probably tell them to stop bloviating....:supergrin:

11. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    the ignorance of the law and guns in general in the media is astounding. Luckily our local news did an interview with a local gun dealer who set the record straight, he definately knew his stuff and actually showed the difference between a semi auto huntng rifle and an ar-15.

12. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Jun 10, 2006
    p.a.
    I & my wife was thinking of E-mailing him nicely to wake him up on the facts. Maybe we all should could end up on talking points?

13. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Jun 10, 2006
    p.a.
    I bet he will?

14. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Tucker Carlson said that when he met Bloomberg, he picked him up, "...because that's what you do to little people. It was funny - him with his little legs kicking around, and me laughing at him."

Bill O, Bill-O, Bill-O....whatever are we to do...

15. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    Was watching Bill when he showed the world his complete "heavy" ignorance. The wife said, "Stop yelling at the TV and send him an email." Told her I was sure his mail box was already full and he would never mention this again on spin-o-bama.

Doc44

16. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    Bill is a product of his environment. He also said on his show that he thought the post-Katrina gun grab was necessary and needed to be done. He obviously was in support of it.
    All of the Fox News people are anti-gun, they've all been living in NYC or its environs to long. Listen to Megan Kelly or Shepard Smith sometime.

17. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    Spot on.

Bill has been slipping and I think he's about ready to fade out into that big Long Island in the sky.

Pity, that, for he was at one time a real stand-tall sort with his ducks all in a row.
    This 'machine gun' BS is proof positive he has lost a big chunk of cerebral stuff somewhere.

He'll be hard to replace and the Old Bill will be missed.

18. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    I wonder if he thinks a barrel shroud is "the shoulder thing that goes up".

19. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Feb 3, 2008
    Dixie
    It's amusing that modern 'conservatives' spend their time listening to folks like O'Reilly and Krauthammer. Amusing, though not all together surprising.

20. Glock Man_G19

Glock Man_G19

Jul 12, 2007
    VA
    After I saw this Live a couple of years ago I've never watched this man again.

O'Reilly on why it was okay for the government to take guns away from law abiding citizens:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn0PFmw7tcw"]Oath Keepers founder on Bill O'Reilly - YouTube[/ame]