Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Bill in Mississippi Legislature would regulate stun guns as weapons

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by NRA_guy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    There are a couple of bills working their way through the Mississippi Legislature dealing with firearms---mostly increasing penalties for felons using them. I have no problem with those.

But there is one bill that will add "stun guns" to the list of weapons requiring a concealed carry permit.

I don't own a stun gun and probably never will, but I'm not sure we need that.

Have we had a problem with folks using concealed stun guns?

I thought more people should have them---not fewer.

Many states regulate Mace and OC spray. (Some apply only to containers larger than something like 6 ounces.)

That might be next for Mississippi. Then we could get the "knives with blades longer than 2 inches" junk.

I just don't see why states need to restrict law abiding folks' rights to protect themselves.

As Barney Fife said, "We need to nip it in the bud."

Here is a link:

It also defines a stun gun as:

2. I don't have one either...Not sure if I even know anyone that does...I didn't know oc spray was regulated at all...I keep my wife supplied with that...

3. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    From the Cheaper than Dirt catalog:

Yes, folks THAT Texas.

Instead of using a non-lethal self-defense tool, I guess they prefer that folks just shoot the SOBs and save the state the cost of incarceration. :rofl: