close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Big thank you JP Precision for improving my Glock's accuracy

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BigMoosie, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BigMoosie

BigMoosie

I just got my G17 back from JP Enterprises who offer a slide to frame fit and trigger job service for Glocks. I'm new to Glocking and was very underwhelmed by the accuracy of my G17 when I first got it.

Initially I was struggling to get 6-8 inch groups at 25 yards offhand, which compared to what I can do with my 1911s and 2011s was like a shotgun. I did a 25 cent trigger job and dropped in a Ghost Rocket connector which improved the trigger pull dramatically but not the accuracy. I sent the gun off to JP who turned it around in about a week. The cost of the work was $90. I tested the gun out this weekend and accuracy has improved by about 2/3rds, the gun is happily shooting 2.5 to 3.5 inch groups at 25 yards offhand. I now have confidence in the gun.

Well done JP!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. 125K9

125K9

Did the thought ever come to mind that it may be the shooter and not the pistol? Just a passing thought.:whistling:

3. Little Joe

Little Joe

Probably not since he shoots he 1911s so well.

4. English

English

And probably not since the change took place from one week to another when the pistol was away at JP precision.

English

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

No way you actually read the post.

6. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I wonder what the change in benchrest accuracy was.

Nice off-hand accuracy you have gotten the gun down to :) Whatever JP does to the gun seems to have helped a lot.

7. Wizz

Wizz

Judging the one week turnaround it's most likely not the shooter. Glocks aren't know for stellar accuracy, my Sigs/HKs are noticeably more accurate than my Glocks and I've been shooting Glocks much longer. Glad they removed some of the slop out of the Glock for you, enjoy!

8. BigMoosie

BigMoosie

I thought it was the trigger to start with, not being used to it. With my 1911s and wheelguns I have been known to shoot one hole groups offhand at 25 yards.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  9. BigMoosie

BigMoosie

I think benching would be quite good also, but I often find that I can shoot better offhand than off the bench. I think a finer frontsight blade and maybe rear sight might improve my accuracy more as the gun only has the plastic fixed set that it came with.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  10. BigMoosie

BigMoosie

Just edited the headline because I was giving credit to JP Precision for doing the work to my Glock, it was in fact JP Enterprises.

Interesting, even though I have edited the title, when I click refresh the headline title on the board doesn't reflect the change I made.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  11. RDT72

RDT72

Hey BigMoosie, I just joined Glock talk -mainly to reply to this thread- I too have been interested in doing the JP G1 trigger job on my Glock 21SF, i'm wondering how much did this cost in total including shipping and insurance? Also, what was the turn around time? JP raised the price to $95, I hear good things and love the 21, I really look forward to what the weapon will be like after the trigger job. Thanks, any info is appreciated.

12. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Big Moosie you never made your case !
    What exactly did JP Enterprises do to your gun for $90.00 ?
    If its so good enquiring minds want to know.
    Also, do you realize that it's impossible for anyon, not high, to shoot better off hand, than from a bench rest ?
    Get a drug screen report and post it here, along with your next TRIPPIN to the range !

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  13. larson1122

larson1122

Here ya go :wavey:

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Deleted

15. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

:rofl::whistling:

Quite a feat considering even the best ammo is only capable of maybe 1-2" groups from a Ransom Rest, and most commercial ammo (even good stuff) is more like 2+"

16. MajorD

MajorD

I can get 3 inches no problem out of my stock unmodified glocks, so while it is improtant to have confidence in the gun and it would appear whatever they did helped, you may have gotten there with a little more glock practice too. maybe with more pracitce you can get it down even further.

17. AustinTx

AustinTx

Wouldn't 4" to 6" groups, at 15 yards be good enough, for SD? Glock isn't a bulls-eye gun.

Groups will tend to open up, if you're being shot at, I think.

18. 125K9

125K9

To whoever posted, "Did I read his post?" Yes, of course I did. There are many here that do quite well with their STOCK Glocks so I assumed it was the OP's newness to the pistol. Although I've always shot well enough with stock Glocks to qualify as an "expert" on about 17-18 years worth of law enforcement qualifications, I can shoot my 1911s, or even my SIGs, better than my Glocks. Again, there are many on this forum that manage quite well with their stock Glocks. Could it possibly be that since JP Enterprises said it should be more accurate now that the OP gained more confidence, therefore it translated to better accuracy?
    To the OP, please don't take either of my posts wrong. I'm not knocking your ability whatsoever as I'm sure you're better than me, I just posed a question. That's all.

19. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:shocked: Now, now! We're entering the realm of science fiction on this one! ;) I DID put my first two shots through the same (enlarged) hole while using a G-19 this past weekend; but that was only the first two shots - A, 'group' would have been an entirely different story.

Accuracy options are very limited on a Glock. You can: (1) Use a slide lock with a very straight face, (2) 'dress' the front of the barrel hood, (3) machine flat and polish the top and outer edges of the slide rails, and (4) - if you keep the same barrel, most importantly - 'squeeze fit' the slide to the frame rails.

Unless you, also, change the barrel then that's about it. JP Enterprises is a good outfit (for AR's) but $90.00 (+ shipping) for an accuracy job on a Glock seems to be a bit much for essentially squeezing the slide.

Did you get a list of the work they did; or the parts that had been, either, changed or modified?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012