Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Big pistols- How do you feel about them?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Metal Angel, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    I'm really not talking about X-frame revolvers or Desert Eagles... What I'm talking about are firearms that were designed to be carbines but to avoid SBR registration, their stocks have been omitted.

AR-15 pistol, Draco AK pistol, Kriss Vector pistol, etc...

Personally I have no experience with them, but they seem to be an awesome concept. Obviously the SBR route has some major advantages, but I just HATE the idea of registering any of my firearms. It seems like they fill a void between the size and convenience of a pistol, and the accuracy and firepower of a rifle.

I have seen guys make seriously tight groups at 50+ yards with these carbine pistols. Not rifle tight, but way tighter and way faster than anyone can do with a real pistol.

I want one. Mostly the Kriss. Just a dream right now as I cannot afford a $1700 dollar firearm right now.

2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    Not my thing either.
  3. themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    Doesnt do anything for me at all. Mostlu because here in MO SBR's can be had. If I felt a strong urge for something alone those lines I would just go that route
  4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Not my thing, but if others like them then go for it. Hell, these things are toys so whatever float your boat.
  5. CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    I would be okay with a few of them. I think a rifle caliber makes more sense than a pistol caliber. Also a lot of people will buy them to convert to SBRs once they get the paperwork squared away.

I would of course realize the limitations of having a rifle without a butstock.
  6. My Draco is only a few inches shorter than my AK underfolder, folded.

I love it.

It's also legal for me to carry openly, unlike a rifle, and with my Concealed Handgun Permit, it's also legal for me to carry concealed. That makes it legal as a truck gun, even with 30 round mags of 7.62x39.

It's no substitute for a conventional concealed pistol (G30, G17, whatever) and it's no substitute for a real rifle in the unlikely event I should ever find myself in a rifle battle.

It is what it is, and what it is, is a blast.

Best $400 I ever spent and if a mini-Draco jumps into my hands, I'll probably buy it too.

I grew up watching Wanted! Dead or Alive but my Draco beats Josh Randall's mare's leg totally.
    As I mentioned in another thread, my first handgun purchase was almost a Universal Enforcer (M1 carbine pistol) many years ago. The Draco scratched that ancient itch.

7. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    I never liked that sort of thing at all.
  8. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I have two Draco's and a Krink, so that probably tells you how I feel about 'em.

I bought my first Draco on a whim (only $340, and I thought the wood looked nice). Having 7.62 x 39 ammo is a pretty powerful load. I usually keep one in my car. It is very mobile and easy to handle in confined spaces. And surprisingly accurate.

I don't think of them as a pistol, although they technically are. And I don't think of them as a rifle, though they use rifle ammo. They are truly a hybrid, and won't replace either of the two, yet they retain positive aspects of both. I've got some glocks for concealed carrying, and some long guns (AK's, AR's, and semi-auto shotguns) as well. But these little beasts fill a void in the middle, and for that I love 'em. (plus they're fun as heck!) And you've got to love the AK reliability.

'nuff said. Highly recommended!
  9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I'd get an AR pistol just so I'd have something in hand while waiting for the SBR stamp to be approved.
  10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
  11. :needspics:
    I wish my Draco had a cute little butt like these Henry's.

If I wanted to jump thru NFA paperwork hoops, I'd SBR my Draco first.

Later, for fun, I might consider another SBR like the Obrez (Mosin Nagant)

12. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Never had an interest in these either.
  13. GLOCK24-7

Feb 19, 2012
    IMO, waste of money.
  14. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    not my speed, but whatever .:dunno:
  15. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    There are several things I want more.
  16. I don't get the United can have pistols, okay, you can have rifles and shotguns, good, but if the latter group is too short that's somehow evil and needs an SBR classification?

What the hell is so dangerous about a short rifle?
    Then again being from Canada, i shouldn't talk about gun laws LOL.
  17. I don't find the need for it but I won't stop other to get theirs.
  18. ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    Yup. To me they are big, ungainly, useless things. If someone else likes them, that's on them.
  19. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    I guess you could say I like them.:supergrin:

Ruger Charger

Henry 22 Mares Leg.

AK pistol.

Pedersoli 20 ga Howdah pistol.

30 Cal Carbine.