close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Big performance little package

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Jameson4all, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Jameson4all

Jameson4all

May 31, 2011
    Hey guys, I recently bought a Glock 30sf and ran some lead down range and wow. This gun delivers accuracy I honestly did not expect from such a small gun. The recoil is very manageable, and the accuracy rivals pistols double and triple the cost. I have large hands and thought I would automatically like the regular 30 better, but the sf fit my big hands better for some reason. The only other gun I can imagine to be as nice would be an HK45compact, but even that has only 8 rounds in the mag and costs more than double. Nothing but great things to say so far!!

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Congrats! The sf generally fits everybody better. The original large frames are just a bit too big for even big hands. I've yet to shoot a Glock that wasn't accurate. They are hard to beat.

3. Roger G23

Roger G23 Glock Guy

Jun 3, 2010
    The Gunshine State
    Congrats. Any FTRTB malfunctions? That used to be an issue with the G30SF. Has it been resolved? I might wanna add one to the arsenal.

4. Yep great to hear. Not many hand guns out there that compact that can hold 10+1 rounds of .45

G30sf is my edc.. I never leave home with out it......

[​IMG]

5. COLOSHOOTR

COLOSHOOTR

Sep 29, 2005
    Colorado
    I've shot my G30SF quite a bit and have never had it FTRTB. Actually, I don't think it's ever had a single malfuntion. I'd say the problem is fixed!

6. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
  7. Jameson4all

Jameson4all

May 31, 2011
    Well I only ran like 60 rounds through her so far, so I will update after the next range visit where i'll try to put 200-300 through. As of now tho its been perfect and almost as accurate as my 1911 I had.

8. porschedog

porschedog

Sep 29, 2009
    I've had my g30sf for two weeks now and have run just under 200 rounds through it
    It just keep getting better, more accurate,easy to shoot and goes bang every time I press the loud button

Even my buddy who is a die hard g22 owner was impressed

9. Funny thing about Glocks. Even the small ones 26, 27, 30, 36 (well, sort of smallish) shoot nearly as well as a full size. You can actually shoot at targets at 25 yards, rust is not much of a problem, reliable etc. 25 yard target shooting with most smaller guns does not work out nearly as well.