close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Big Hi From CNY

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by nnervous, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Just making myself know from beautiful central NY state. No longer the most gun friendly environment.

Long story short is that I am waiting on delivery of my first Glock, a model 19, in the next few days. Been a 1911 guy for a long time but the idea of the full time D/A safety vs. cocked and locked in a carry gun really intrigues me. And I wrestled long and hard about a model 21 vs. 19 but ended up thinking that a 9MM in the stable was not the worst idea and if I am going to start somewhere it might as well be with the one that company made a name with. Seems hard to go wrong there.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA

3. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    I have both 1911's and glocks and shoot both pretty well. Learn and master trigger reset ( not all that much different than properly managing a 1911 trigger really)
    Avoid the trap " what can I put in my glock to make it feel like my 1911 trigger?" Not a 1911 never will be accept it

4. SS454Bob

SS454Bob

Oct 22, 2013
    Western PA
    I just bought my first Glock, G23 Gen4, and am happy to join this site. After listening to the many LEO's that I'm friends with I decided to take the plunge!

I reload so I'm quite interested in the talk about reloads in a Glock. This site has some great comments in that direction but somewhat confusing with the variable opinions, but I'm old and retired so I'll figure it out:cool:

This is a neat site!

5. Sigobsessed

Sigobsessed Ruggedly handsome

Jan 16, 2012
    Rochester ny
    Welcome from a fellow glock talk member stuck behind the iron curtain in couhomos ny!