close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Bible Proven accurate by Archaeology

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kingarthurhk, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
  2. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    The Bible has been proven over and over to be an accurate record of historical events.

4. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    Yep, the talking snakes are my favorite.

5. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    :rofl:
    Flat Earth??
    Earth 6000-10,000 years old??
    Celestial bodies revolve around the Earth??
    Talking snakes??
    Zombies??
    :rofl:

Sheesh...how about read something OTHER than the bible for a change:rofl:

Oh this thread made my day!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

wow!

6. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Please reference where in the Bible any of that stuff is mentioned.

Put up or shut up!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  7. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    Genesis 3:1
    Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Numbers 22:28
    And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Psalm 93:1
    The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

8. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    How do you know that none of that happened?

9. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    The three most well known stories of the OT that never happened:

1. Creation
    2. The Flood
    3. The Exodus

10. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Ironic, considering I have just provided proof of Exodus.

11. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Isaiah 40:22, "<sup>22</sup> He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
    and its people are like grasshoppers.
    He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
    and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

I find it ironic that all I hear from our Atheist friends here, is they want proof, they want evidence. Once it is provided, nothing changes.

I must only assume that the mantra of proof is merely a lie?

12. I guess one has to be a godless atheist to know the difference between a circle, a disk, and a sphere. :dunno:

13. Wow, a few chariot wheels and a horse hoof is emperical evidence now? Whoda thunk?

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

14. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Are you seriously asking how we know a snake and a donkey did not talk, and that the world does indeed move?

As for the OP...Notice how there were no cites to actual digs, research, or archeologists that made these discoveries?

Geologic consistencies with descriptions in the Bible are no surprise as geology doesn't change much in a few thousand years.

:rofl: Maybe religious believers should stick to just believing on faith because their idea of what constitutes proof is grossly lacking.

15. mdt62

mdt62

Sep 1, 2008
    Why isn't it enough to simply believe? Why does anyone need to prove anything to anyone? Worst part about it all is the religious craming it down others throats. Do what you do, leave other people out of it.

16. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    Look, Listen CoD, you don't understand what is a circle is. Today a circle is just a circle. But back then, they called a lot of things a circle. You simply don't understand how things are translated and the idioms of the time period.

There I saved Bert a lot of dancing around. You can't just simply read it for what it says. You have to be able to read it and know what the author meant to say. But since your tiny brain can't wrap around the magnificence of God you have to listen to some old guy like the pope and he'll tell you what the author meant. You can't just go reading the Bible willy nilly and expect to get out of it what it means. People have been killed for less than that in the past, by the church.

17. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    Proof? That’s not proof, that’s a lecture, based on very ambiguous information presented by someone with a great big axe to grind.

Fact: Based on many books and essays written buy Egyptians during the period in question, we know the Egyptians were philosophically opposed to slavery. At the conclusion of wars, they gave POWs the choice of returning to their homes or integrating themselves into Egyptian society.

Fact: Based on extensive tax records that survived from that period, we know there’s no mention of any slaves, no mention of any significant change in food production or consumption due to the loss of a large portion of the population.

18. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Okay, so, the Atheist contention is once proof is presented is to rage against it, because they do not want proof. They simply want to believe there is no God.

19. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Dec 23, 2007
    Under the bus

There is no proof of anything in that video. Except maybe that a barge or boat carrying a couple of horses and a few wheeled vehicles capsized and sank. Which is a more realistic scenario than a magical force holding back a gazzilion tons of water to let a group of people through.