close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

BHP for carry

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by tshadow6, Jan 30, 2010.

1. tshadow6

tshadow6

Jan 6, 2007
    The first handgun I carried was my BHP. I've since retired it in favor of my Glock 19. Does anyone out there still carry their BHP?

2. gclefton

gclefton Gold Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Western Maryland
    I carry a Robar BHP in a Phantom IWB holster.

My G-19 serves as domestic protection now, since I installed a Viridian X5L.

No need to change.

GC
    ============================

3. Brian Dover

Brian Dover

Jul 31, 2002
    SW Ohio
    Sorta gone the other direction from you, tshadow6. If it's not a 1911 on my hip, chances are it's a Hi Power. Only time I revert to polymer is when in places where the predators come bigger and tougher than humans. Bear/mountain lion country calls for a Glock 20 to my way of thinking.

4. Yes, I alternate between a G26 in an MTAC and a BHP Standard in Don Hume leather.

5. gp35fn

gp35fn

Nov 10, 2007
    Of my concealed carry pistols I often carry my Glock 19-its light, great mag capasity(15 rounds) but bulky and not especially accurate, my other carry is a FN frame FM M90 detective build I built.It's smaller less bulky, less rounds (13 vrs 15)but far more accurate-but wieghs more. Of the two I perfer my FN/FM M90 detective over my Glock 19.
    Glock 19
    [​IMG]
    My FN/FM M90 detective build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  6. Azjeeper

Azjeeper

May 28, 2007
    I have two hi powers I carry my fav is my 9mm the .40 is a little too heavy for me but it gets some holster time, the only reason I dont carry a hi power all the time is because sometimes I leave the gun in the car say going into a bar or work or other weapons free zone, my glock 23 is alot less spendy to replace and its kinda hard to walk into a gun shop and even see a hipower let alone buy one in my neck of the woods.

7. fowler

fowler

May 27, 2004
    ohio
    Why carry a HP or 1911 when you can carry the G19 or G17. Cocked and locked a thing of the past. Keep it simple yank and fire with no hammers or thumb safeties. And no finish wear and cracked frames with plus P ammo when you have Glocks. Did I say about the service life being 3-4 times more with the Glock and no safeties to get missed or jammed on and a hammer that can get blocked. Cocked and locked is like flintlocks !!

8. Goodspeed(TPF)

Goodspeed(TPF)

Jul 30, 2009
    Sh
    Yes, on a regular basis. :wavey:

9. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY

How do you establish a service life 3-4 times longer with a Glock? Glocks arrived in this country in 1986. That's 24 years. The 1911 has been in service with our armed forces since 1911. Given a model produced in say 1942 during the height of production those pistols are in service for 68 years and counting.

Do your Glocks go through some type of time warp we are not aware of?:rofl:

By the way the OP did not ask your opinion of the Hi Power or 1911. He asked for info from others who carry the same type of pistol he does.:upeyes:

10. No, but I still carry this on occasion:

[​IMG]

11. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    If you are very inexperienced, yes a Glock is the "yank and fire" for you. Some of us have decades of experience with C&L and it is second nature. I have a 1938 FN HiPower with tens of thousands of rounds through it including years of service in China during WWII and beyond. It will still be around working when your glock is recycled into an easy bake oven.

12. Azjeeper

Azjeeper

May 28, 2007
    Maybe because life is too short to shoot and carry an ugly gun?:tongueout:

13. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    The P35 is still my favorite pistol, and I carry one of mine quite often.

Here's a 1995 MKIII in LittleBear leather.

Attached Files:

14. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

Jan 29, 2006
    The Outer Limits
    This has to be one of the funniest posts of the week. I have Glocks, 1911s and Hi Powers (and others) and I carry a Hi Power as my main CCW. Have you ever even fired one? In combat they beat the pants off of a Glock for speed/rate of fire. I like Glocks, but I LOVE BHPs. the sweet single action trigger has all other autos beat, hands down. Trained gunners know how and when to use a single action safety, it's not a problem

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  15. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

May 13, 2007
    S.E. Pa
  16. Apocalypse_Now

Jan 29, 2006
    The Outer Limits
    Think about it. The trigger type is very similar to an AR15/M16 and few complain about that..

17. Cameronswmp9

Cameronswmp9

Aug 3, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Those of you carrying a BHP, what holster are you using? Im thinking leather and IWB. I looked at Milt Sparks, but dont want to wait 6 months or so for a holster.

18. Apocalypse_Now

Jan 29, 2006
    The Outer Limits
    IWB Bianchi Pistol Pocket, Belly band and Galco vertical shoulder holster

19. Apocalypse_Now

Jan 29, 2006
    The Outer Limits
    The Galco also fits my 1911s so it's very versatile

20. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    I've been using LittleBear leather for a couple of years now (see above post). I don't do IWB, but I'd rank Dave's stuff right up there with the best of them (and I've had them all).

Reasonably priced and relatively short turnaround time for a custom builder (usually 30 days or less).

Check 'em out. Don't see anything you like? Give him a call. He'll make what you need.

LittleBear Custom Holsters