close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Beware False Profits

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Skykings2, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Skykings2

Skykings2

Aug 15, 2011
    this should prove a thought provoking message

Beware False Prophets - By Steve Berkson

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyG2b5ro51s"]Beware False Prophets - By Steve Berkson - YouTube[/ame]

Published on Jan 5, 2014

Beware False Prophets by Steve Berkson at Beth Shalom Messianic Congregation.
    Steve gives a memorable talk on identifying false prophets, false messiahs and how the world and christian church will be deceived in the last days. LISTEN & SHARE - This message needs to get out to the everyone!

You can access all of the teachings that Steve has shared on our website: http://www.now-is-the-time.org or on the podomatic site page: http://steveberkson.podomatic.com

2. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    Skykings2,
    I listened to the whole teaching. I found it interesting that he doesn't believe that Yeshua HaMashiach is Jesus Christ and that he speculates that Jesus Christ will actually be the Anti-Christ. It sounds like he believes that the entire Christian Church has been deceived for 2000 years. He doesn't seem to understand that most, if not all, Christians don't entertain the same ideas of an egg laying Easter bunny and Santa Claus as being Christian holy days. It also seems that he would put us back under the law. Since I was a child I have defended and loved my Jewish brothers and sisters even though I was a Gentile. I still love and defend them to this day because they are God's chosen people and my salvation came through their lineage because of the faithfulness of Abraham. That being said, I can understand what Steve is saying and his concern for his Christian brothers and sisters. There are a lot of false teachers and teachings out today but I can't agree with many of the things he said. I hope he will find the truth he seeks. Thanks for posting.

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't have the time or the patience to watch that entire video.

Somebody give me the quick version of what this guy is saying?

4. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    There is a lot of teaching leading up to his statement that Jesus Christ is the anti-christ but start at 1:00:48 and you will hear him say it. Listen through to about 1:03. He is saying that the Jesus Christ that the church worships is not the Messiah of the Bible.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  5. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Thanks! That's what I thought it was about.

Just another pseudo Christian bashing the Christian religion.
    Why can't people just read the Bible and take it for what it is, without trying to interpret it to mean something it doesn't?

6. hooligan74

hooligan74

Aug 15, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    "Beware false profits" - Is that like saying don't take any wooden nickels?

7. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    JB, I think his beliefs come through the thousands of years of persecution the Jews have suffered at the hands of so called "christians". He mentions the inquisition (by action not by name) and other events. These types of actions of the "church" are to our shame even though we to this day would have had nothing to do with it. My hope is that we can reconcile with our Jewish brothers and sisters and that they would truly know the love we have for them in Christ and for them to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ (Yeshua HaMasiach) one and the same.
    ETA: I should also add that he doesn't believe that Jesus is a person but an identity that has led us away from the Torah.

8. Skykings2

Skykings2

Aug 15, 2011
    thanks for taking the time to watch and comment...I'm not here to defend or persuade for sure ...just presenting a teaching I thought had some worthy points .

should be interesting in these end times to watch how it all unfolds.

9. Skykings2

Skykings2

Aug 15, 2011
    It can never be my friend..no jew that I know of would ever celebrate a christian holiday or eat pork or celebrate a sun day sabbath or fail to observe the feast days ,they may have the messaih part messed up but not at the sake of ignoring the Torah-teaching-instructions-law

10. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    Skykings2, I have pondered how people living during those times, especially the elect, could even possibly be deceived to think that someone as evil as the anti-christ could be God. But Satan (Lucifer) is an angel of light and the father of lies so how do we overcome him? By the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony.

11. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think Jews and Christians are coming together in a reconciliation of their differences. Especially since we have a common enemy that threatens both our religions.

12. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    If that's what it took to win a Jew to Christ, I would willingly do all those things. They are not burdensome. See bolded passage below:
    Romans 14:1-23
    New International Version (NIV)
    14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
    ‘every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.’”
    12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.[c]

13. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    You are right JB we do have a common enemy who has been manifested through many false religions and belief systems. I have to continually remind myself of the following scripture; otherwise, I will be looking at the physical: Ephesians 6:12
    12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

14. Skykings2

Skykings2

Aug 15, 2011
    That is very true JB

Matthew 15:24

<sup class="versenum">24 </sup>But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

we need to know who we are I think

15. Skykings2

Skykings2

Aug 15, 2011
    Emmett this teaching just came to mind as I only recieved it a few days ago .I've yet to hear it ...so let's do it together and see if it hits center

The Deuteronomy 13 Test

Have you ever considered why the Jews reject the Jewish Messiah, our Lord and Savior...What if it was because many today misunderstand Paul...Millions of Jews reject the Christian presentation of Jesus and Paul, alarmingly, because the Word of God says to. Sadly, if the misunderstanding continues, Jews are forever prevented from not only not knowing their Jewish Savior, but also from experiencing the blessings of the New Covenant. This teaching exposes the gap in the misunderstanding, and takes a first step into building a bridge.
    http://119ministries.com/the-deuteronomy-thirteen-test

16. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Because doing that results in the realization that it is horribly flawed.

17. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    Skykings2, I listened to the video and I have heard this teaching a few times before. To clarify when you speak of the Torah are you only speaking of the first five books of the Old Testament (Pentateuch) or also including the entire Old Testament (Tanakh)? I've read that some Jews consider this the Written Torah.
    I can see the problem if a Jew doesn't look at the prophecies in the other books of the Tanakh. There are 300 prophecies about the coming Messiah that would point them to Christ. If a congregation is going to ignore their own prophets, who were sent by Elohim, then the possibility of reasoning with them from their own scriptures is slim to none. The work is then left to the Holy Spirit to remove the veil from their eyes and fortunately this is happening.
    I read some of Steve Berkson's beliefs and he is not on the right track. He believes in salvation through works and this takes a person back under the law, which no one can fulfill. Jesus (Yeshua) was the only one who ever could. I believe in the Law as given to Moses through the Ten Commandments and follow them to the best of my ability. Christ in the New Testament explained how it is impossible for us to keep that law; that is why we are so in need of a Savior.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  18. Skykings2

Skykings2

Aug 15, 2011
    To clarify when you speak of the Torah are you only speaking of the first five books of the Old Testament (Pentateuch) or also including the entire Old Testament (Tanakh)?
    good question I think by definition the first 5 books are what is refered to as the teachings or instructions or Torah.

on a personal note ,all the OT for my own understanding and teaching instructions.

I read some of Steve Berkson's beliefs and he is not on the right track. He believes in salvation through works and this takes a person back under the law, which no one can fulfill. Jesus (Yeshua) was the only one who ever could. I believe in the Law as given to Moses through the Ten Commandments and follow them to the best of my ability. Christ in the New Testament explained how it is impossible for us to keep that law; that is why we are so in need of a Savior.
    I'm curious as to your definition of law in the comment above ? It might help with the answer .Is the NT law any different than the OT law.What law did Yashua keep?How does scripture define sin ?

19. Dave514

Dave514

Jul 6, 2013
    USSA
    Because we would have to murder lots and lots of people. Plus, reinstituting slavery. Not to mention the 613 commandments of the Bible we would have to follow.
    http://therefinersfire.org/original_commandments1.htm

I mean, I like a ham sammich now and then!

Taking the bible for what it is might be the scariest thing I've ever heard.

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)