close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

beverages that taste good with protein powder

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by gunguru1, Apr 8, 2005.

1. gunguru1

gunguru1

Dec 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Hello there,

I just started using protein powder a month ago and in that time have always mixed it with orange juice. I think it tastes great with orange juice, but I am looking for other alternatives to add variety. I don't like the taste of milk, but would the protein powder mask the flavor? What are some other popular drinks to use with protein powder?

Thanks for your replies,

gunguru1

2. testosterone

testosterone

Aug 26, 2003
    las vegas
    I only use water....
    even though I use MuscleMilk protein powder, which is the best tasting stuff on earth, I still mix it with water...

3. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Aug 2, 1999
    EAS Choclate Whey Protein
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 water
    1 cup ice
    1 pkg Swiss Miss Diet or non-fat
    Blend in high spped blender

4. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

Aug 10, 2003
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    I been mixing my whey with the body fortress creatine powder walmart has. I know there is probably better creatines out there but I get like 2lbs for $15 and for my level of lifting and fitness, it does what I need it to. This same company has a whey, but Max muscle branded whey is $54 for 10lbs. and good stuff, I just shake it in a protein shaker cup, the creatine I mix with water in a bottled water bottle, mix one before workout, one after.
    By the way, this creatine comes in a fruit punch and others I think. (I have only tried fruit punch.)

5. Mister Joshua

Mister Joshua Sig Addiction

Jan 21, 2005
    Tampa, Florida
  6. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

May 11, 2001
    Farmington, MI
    Use it with milk, get more calories and better flavor. Most of the protien powders mixed with water taste terrible but Muscle Milk is actually pretty darn good. Using milk makes it more like a treat.

Regards,
    Glen

7. jared84

jared84

Sep 7, 2004
    I’m going to start getting unflavored protein powder since it can be mixed in any drink and it doesn’t change the taste.

8. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Aug 2, 1999
    Now I've never had any unflavored protein powder. But, are you sure unflavored means flavorless ? I would think that unflavored powder taste like protein powder an would affect the flavor of what you're mixing it in.

Just a thought.

Jack

9. jared84

jared84

Sep 7, 2004
    I had gotten some unflavored protein powder from a sample pack from allthewhey.com. I mixed it in crystal light iced tea and it didn't seem to change the taste it just diluted it a little but I didn’t use much crystal light with it.

10. pizzaaguy

pizzaaguy

May 8, 2002
    Central Florida
    Used to use milk or skim milk, ice and a banana.

11. testosterone

testosterone

Aug 26, 2003
    las vegas
    i get sick as a dog when i drink milk....sucks for me

12. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

Aug 10, 2003
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    Gatorade works well also, I usually mix my creatine shake in this and then add it to my protein powder, makes it very tolerable.

13. Yar

Yar

Jun 29, 2002
    So. Cal
    The vanilla protein powder mixes well with soy milk (for double shot of protein), and grape juice.

Creatine (unflavored) goes well just with water and a touch of lemon juice, or for better absorbtion grape juice.

14. JayAK

JayAK

Dec 28, 2003
    water, soy milk, 2% milk, skim......