Better than a crossbreed?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by neveravicitim, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I recently ordered a holster from SHTF Gear(well, a few weeks ago). Its an ACE-1 for my G23. I just wanted to see if any of you guys have heard of or had experience with them? I was about to purchase another crossbreed , because I like the one I have for my J frame, but a friend of mine had an SHTF Gear for his XD sub and really liked it. I tested his out a bit and held it side by side tho the CBST, they are really close in general design but I liked the fact that I could get a good shooting grip on the gun and I saved a few bucks (Found a coupon code and got it for $60). I'm excited to get it so I can stop carrying with an old Uncle Mikes I had layin' around. (I hate uncle mikes holsters, but I just couldn't resist carrying my new G23).

You can find the holster I ordered at Here

I just thought I'd share my new find with you guys and see if any others have had experience with them.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone like a holster better than the crossbreed supertuck? General Firearms Forum Apr 12, 2012
    Little brat has a better AK than me. The Kalashnikov Klub Jul 23, 2015
    Better late than never... Introduction Forum Jul 22, 2015
    Length of barrel better accuracy ? General Firearms Forum Jul 20, 2015
    Detroit response times getting better... Oct break in call closed, put me back in service.. Cop Talk Jul 20, 2015

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I find that the Crossbreed with combat cut makes a big difference. Thanks for the FYI, its always good to have options, add another holster to that list. :wavey:

:50cal:

4. Their holster looks pretty good. I agree that the CB Combat Cut is definitely a nice option. My latest CB SuperTuck has one, and it's like night and day.

Thanks for the info and Welcome to GT!

5. I didn't even realize that they offered a combat cut. My brother has one for a SR9 and doesn't like the draw because of it, Maybe he can just cut it himself. I did like that i essentially get a combat cut on the SHTF gear holster without paying extra. Thats a nice feature. After I've had a chance to try the holster I'll post a bit of a review on here.

And thanks for the welcome! I really like the sense of community here.