Better than a crossbreed?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by neveravicitim, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I recently ordered a holster from SHTF Gear(well, a few weeks ago). Its an ACE-1 for my G23. I just wanted to see if any of you guys have heard of or had experience with them? I was about to purchase another crossbreed , because I like the one I have for my J frame, but a friend of mine had an SHTF Gear for his XD sub and really liked it. I tested his out a bit and held it side by side tho the CBST, they are really close in general design but I liked the fact that I could get a good shooting grip on the gun and I saved a few bucks (Found a coupon code and got it for $60). I'm excited to get it so I can stop carrying with an old Uncle Mikes I had layin' around. (I hate uncle mikes holsters, but I just couldn't resist carrying my new G23).

You can find the holster I ordered at Here

I just thought I'd share my new find with you guys and see if any others have had experience with them.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone like a holster better than the crossbreed supertuck? General Firearms Forum Apr 12, 2012
    Could not have said it better. BLM. bs Civil Liberties Issues Today at 3:47 PM
    Want to replace my desktop PC - does this look like a good one? Any better deals you know about? The Okie Corral Tuesday at 12:04 PM
    longer is better? General Glocking Aug 27, 2015
    Making the best better - heavyweight USPs Heckler & Koch Forum Aug 23, 2015

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I find that the Crossbreed with combat cut makes a big difference. Thanks for the FYI, its always good to have options, add another holster to that list. :wavey:

:50cal:

4. Their holster looks pretty good. I agree that the CB Combat Cut is definitely a nice option. My latest CB SuperTuck has one, and it's like night and day.

Thanks for the info and Welcome to GT!

5. I didn't even realize that they offered a combat cut. My brother has one for a SR9 and doesn't like the draw because of it, Maybe he can just cut it himself. I did like that i essentially get a combat cut on the SHTF gear holster without paying extra. Thats a nice feature. After I've had a chance to try the holster I'll post a bit of a review on here.

And thanks for the welcome! I really like the sense of community here.