close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best way to lighten a Glock trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 3000fps, Feb 3, 2012.

1. I've been considering lightening up the trigger on my carry gun G23.

Does anyone have a modified trigger on their glock carry guns? I would love to have a light trigger on the gun, but from what I read online the Ghost 3.5 doesn't really get the pull weight down to 3.5 as you would have to change the springs.

Is it safe to do this for concealed carry? I mean, it won't mess with any of the internal safeties in the gun so it is still drop safe etc.

I was all about getting a 1911 because of the trigger pull, it allows me to be much more accurate. I'm considering now just buying a polymer .45 adding a nice barrel and a nice trigger for around the same price with the Glock reliability and wear resistance.

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Nope. Shoot it and lube it properly and you're good to go.

3. DannyII

DannyII

Jul 25, 2011
    Ohio
    IMHO - Safe, yes. Smart, NO!

Lighter trigger = increased courtroom liability should you ever have to use in SD. Sure, you might come out ok, but it's someting you'll have to deal with so why bother? Plus, if you need it for SD, your adrenaline will lighten the trigger plenty.

Stick with 100% stock internals with standard trigger weights on a carry gun.

My $.02.

Read more here: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393344

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  4. 1911master

1911master

Apr 26, 2007
    Woodward, OK
    I always run the Ghost 3.5 connector and Wolff 4# striker spring. Never had any problems.

5. I modified the trigger on my G19 which I carry most of the time. Many people will scare you about doing it. mostly people who have never done it or hear of a friend of a friend or read on the net about not being safe. I have had my mod since I bought my gun 11 years ago. Have never gone off on its own or go bang in the middle of the night like people claim:supergrin:. I always have to squeeze the trigger for it to go bang!. Difference is that it feels more like a single action rather than a double action trigger. Somewhat a spongy feeling though, but I can live with that if it gives me more accuracy. If you wanna know the details, PM me cause this practice is frown upon on this site, for some odd reason.:upeyes:

GPutt33 likes this.
  6. Check this out. This guy is awesome with Glocks!!
    [ame]http://youtu.be/J4BccY7wmIE[/ame]

7. jw38

jw38

Jun 25, 2010
    Big difference between your EDC Glock and your "range" Glocks. They can't be one and the same unless you decide for the EDC version for all. After years of experimenting and buying about every aftermarket dodad, IMHO STOCK is the only way for EDC.

weisse52 likes this.
  8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
  9. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
  10. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    Ever notice how many Federal Prosecutors come out in these threads with no proof of any Case Law or Court Cases.

GPutt33, e847fy and Seale Team like this.
  11. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

Mar 20, 2002
    florida
    IMHO keep it stock.

develop the speed and accuracy by practice, practice, practice.

Be well

e847fy likes this.
  12. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    :agree:

13. CLee0507

CLee0507

Dec 19, 2005
    OR
    This is my thinking as well. If and when the use of deadly force is needed to defend your life, I don't believe it matters how many lbs. your trigger breaks.

14. The best way to lighten your trigger pull is to put thousands of rounds down range!

CaptainXL likes this.
  15. CLee0507

CLee0507

Dec 19, 2005
    OR
    I carry my 19 with the Glock 3.5 lb. connector and NY1 spring. I like this configuration since there is a heavier take up yet it breaks crisper in my opinion.

16. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone

I really think everyone should run a case of ammo through their gun
    before considering any modifications at all (sans night sights).
    Factory Glocks will do just about anything you want.
    Plus there is that potential liability of having a modified gun.

Now that I'm done with the disclaimer:
    I run a Ghost Rocket 3.5 with factory springs.
    A GT member installed various connectors/springs and checked the actual trigger pull weight.

All Factory Glock ~6lbs
    Glock and Ghost Rocket with factory springs ~5lbs

In Comparison:
    The Walther PPQ breaks at just over 5 lbs. consistently. It has no tendency to stack up, and the reset is so minimal it can’t really even be measured. Most important, the reset and the trigger pull are intuitive and annunciated very well, better than most if not all.
    [​IMG]

17. mah77

mah77

Dec 20, 2011
    California
    Read up on some case laws. Modification of your weapon has nothing to do with whether it's "justifiable homicide".

18. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC
    I imagine that would change if someone was shot while drawing the weapon or while bring the firearm to bear on the target. It could be argued the accident occurred because of the now, "faulty trigger."
    No I am not a lawyer and don't ever plan to play on on TV.:rofl::rofl:
    :whistling:

19. I've already performed the .25 cent trigger job to my Glock. The gun has around 7-800 rounds (.40) and a few hundered in 9mm with the LWD barrel through it and it is properly lubed and cleaned after every use. Coupled with 1,000's of dry fire pulls practicing drawing and trigger control.

I am able to obtain effective groups at 7 yards shooting slow from reset.

When I start running on the trigger, (as you would in SD) my shots are consistently left.

I also noticed this.

Unload and clear your gun, point at the lightswitch from about 10-15 feet away and pull the trigger back slowly till it breaks. The front sight post barely moves.

Try the same thing, but pull the trigger back really quickly as you would in a self-defense situation, if you're right handed the sight always jerks really hard to the left.

That is my belief on why so many people think Glock's shoot low-left from factory.

I am going to order a Wolff spring and Ghost 3.5 to try it out. I'd rather take my chances in court liablity with lighter trigger, than sending a stray bullet somewhere off target into something I didn't intend to hit.

Basically, for me the 5 pound staple trigger makes it harder for me to get good rapid groupings. I've tried M&P's with smooth lightened triggers and shot just fine with those. To me the Glock trigger feels like a staple gun.

20. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Nov 19, 2008
    St. Joseph MO
    I carry my 30 with a ghost 3.5 connector. I don't believe in the legal "liability" BS that's been mentioned.