close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best way to catch brass

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by OhioGlockMan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. OhioGlockMan

OhioGlockMan

Mar 1, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    Ok so far I've tried using a tarp which works ok for outdoor range but in the winter I shoot in indoor ranges and can't use one. Can everybody please recommend a product that isn't too expensive and works. I found this on midway USA and it appears to be perfect and then I find out the manufacturer doesn't even make it any more, AND midway does not have anything similar anymore......

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/112864/catch-all-brass-catcher-pistol

When I shoot in the indoor ranges I start out with 100 peices of brass and then I'll be lucky to be down to 50 by the 5th firing

2. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota

3. OregonG20

OregonG20

Sep 5, 2011
    Oregon
    A user on here named merrixs used to make them, pretty good looking rig too. I would contact him.

4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Just install old style extractors and catch them in your mouth!

5. I use one of those hand nets all of the time when target shooting at the range. It works great. I hope someone starts to make them again so I can get a spare.

6. orgnova

orgnova

Feb 13, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Made my own using a coat hanger, laundry bag, some velcro, and tape. It works, doesn't look that great and but I keep all my brass. My 2¢.

7. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    I saved some 2008 Election signs, "Yes, We Can".

Took off the plastic. Use the wire frame. It's tough and rigid. Bend it into a box form, with a handle. Wrap the handle part around a 1x2 wood from Home Depot make it removable. Then you can cut the 1x2 to your preferred height. Screw it to a T 2x4 platform on the ground. Buy the net from Walmart ($1-$2) hunting section. Put the net through the box part. Voila.

My pistol control has gotten much better, because I no longer worry about where the brass goes.

I'd be the first to say that Obama has done much on/for my Gun Control !

8. CD

CD

Sep 10, 2000
    I use a fishing net. The type with the extendable handle that you use to land a fish...the net is maybe 2 ft by 2 ft. My method is a bit "redneck" but it works. I clamp the net handle to the gun tray at the range with a C-clamp. Then I adjust it to the right height and it catches almost all of the brass.

It's the best indoor method I've found yet. The net is similar to this:

http://frabill.com/landing-nets/conservation-series/9510.html

You'll want to buy it in person though...not online...so you can check the size of the holes in the net. You want one with small enough spaces that your brass won't go through.

9. dm1906

dm1906 Retired SO

Sep 7, 2010
    PRK (Kalifornia)
    I can't believe someone hasn't suggested THIS THREAD. Appears to be what you're looking for. Read the whole thread, as some changes were made.

10. OhioGlockMan

OhioGlockMan

Mar 1, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    Thanks for the advice everybody, I'm going to get some fishing net! Nick, I really like those Graco models! Is the handcatcher cumbersome thou? I like the big one they have

11. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    The hand catcher is great for its versatility and portability (and price) but its kinda annoying to have to put it on and take it off while at range.... but getting all my brass back, its worth it. :$

12. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    :rofl::rofl:

13. gator378

gator378 Gator378

Jan 22, 2001
    St. Peters, Mo, USA

+1 Nick convinced me to buy one and it works great. On the first outing caught 50 out of 50.

14. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Yep... Fantastic product. I will probably buy another if mine wears out.

15. Merrixs

Merrixs

Aug 3, 2011
    OP - PM sent.

Thanks guys for the publicity.

16. No doubt I'm gonna get one

17. gator378

gator378 Gator378

Jan 22, 2001
    St. Peters, Mo, USA
  18. Rick305

Rick305 ra1sales.com