close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best suspenders for duty belt

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sharky7, May 31, 2011.

1. Sharky7

Sharky7
    Expand Collapse
    Boomshakalaka

Cowboywannabe's sciatica thread got me thinking about this.

What are some good suspenders for your duty belt? I have the Uncle Mike's one right now, but they seem like crap....can never get it comfortable or working right on the belt.

Any suggestions?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. phred119

phred119
    Expand Collapse

Orca seems to be the most popular, followeed closely by K&W. Both seem to have their praises sung by those who wear them. I've been wearingthese that I got off of ebay for about 8 months now

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/DELUXE-POLICE-FIRE-EMT-NYLON-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENDERS-/200547717132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb193500c

They work OK, but I just ordered a set of the Orca's. My two issues with the ebay ones are
    #1. The difficulty in adjusting them. They have an odd set up of fasters to loosen or tighten them. Perhaps I'm inept, but it doesn't seem very easy.
    #2. The rubber shoulder pads tend to slide around, and not stay on your shoulder.

3. Krauty

Krauty
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

I've used the back defense system for a couple months now. I am happy with it so far...only negative part is that they are $200!

4. tikka

tikka
    Expand Collapse
    Tikka

I've been using the Orcas they work great. Takes some extra time to put on but they are worth it.

5. trdvet

trdvet
    Expand Collapse

Back defender. I know a lot of departments around the country (mine included) strictly forbid any deviation from the standard uniform which includes adding suspenders. I've heard good things about the back defender and hopefully CW Mock will come along to post his review again.

6. crabbys44

crabbys44
    Expand Collapse

Try Perry Suspenders. [​IMG]This is their newest one called the Outback. It crisscrosses your back and hook on to your belt at the sides.

They don't use clips. They have a modified "J" hook that attaches to your belt. BTW The leather piece comes in Black now.

I've been wearing the conventional setup for the past few years. My next one will be the new Outback $26.95

#6 crabbys44, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  7. x_out86

x_out86
    Expand Collapse

+1.

Been wearing mine for about 3 years.

8. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor
    Expand Collapse
    Khem-Adam

We are forbidden from wearing visible suspenders, so I wear the Blackhawk 2 point harness. I opened up the seems on the sides of my shirts and run the keepers out there.I'd prefer 4 point suspenders, but the ones that go under the shirt are to expensive and I don't want to take the time to have all my shirts modified for 4 point.

9. Cochese

Cochese
    Expand Collapse
    Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

Orcas.

10. Pepper45

Pepper45
    Expand Collapse

I use K&W. I haven't had a problem with them, been using them since 2001. They wear well, have saved me from all kinds of probable injuries, and are easy to use.

11. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

I use Orcas, but don't wear them all the time. K&W are also well regarded, and although the Back Defender is expensive, it looks well designed.