close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Best shooter?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by Greg-Dawg®, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Greg-Dawg®

Greg-Dawg® GLOCK 35 baby!

Jul 23, 2006
    CA
    What would you say is the best shooter game that's has longevity?

Please specify the console also.

Thanks.

2. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    "specifiy the console", so you only want console game recommendations? Not PC?

3. jolt8me

jolt8me Your the devil

May 9, 2004
    Michigan
    doom for the pc. First game released as shareware. Had lots and lots of mods done to it. Its a legend.

4. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Cod 2, is the best for looks, playability, style, realism, movement,

sound, too bad IW, the game designers decided to abandon it`s people, ignore requests for Punk Buster, and Mods for maps, for far too long, and folks lost interest, got pissed, and left in droves....

On-line is the ONLY way to play this exciting game, the rest are second rate shooters...lagg issues, and cheaters galore.

still, there are 8000 servers about, most are empty, most of the time...too bad.

It will die a slow, painful death now, long and drawn out,I will be it`s last hold-out....pray for my everlasting soul....

Ime outte ;)

5. Trigariumrex

Trigariumrex Millennium Member

Sep 17, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA , USA
    I'm not sure by what you mean by longevity but these games below have quite a strong online following which usually helps sustain a games playability.

PC:
    Counterstrike Source
    Battlefield 2

X-Box:
    Halo 2

X-Box 360:
    Call of Duty 2 (It's okay on PC, but there's alot of cheating that I prefer it on Xbox Live)
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Playstation 2
    Call of Duty 2 Big Red One (haven't played it in awhile but the mp was decent)

6. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

Jul 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    The original Tribes 1.. which pretty much started the whole first person online multi-player shooter.

7. Strider47

Strider47 Captain Chaos

Jul 20, 2005
    North Carolina
    CoD2 on the 360. Online is very fun and it seems more "adult" than Halo2, or maybe the kids are just maturing.

8. For the pc back in the day was wolfienstien now there are so many depends on what you like fear is a very good one and bf2

for the xbox has to be halo and halo2 hands down

for the 360 is graw and the new rainbow 6 vegas looks like it will be good

i dont own a ps2 but for fun i think socom is not a bad series

9. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    Halo on Xbox is great for it's singleplayer, if the youngsters online annoy you. I played it a lot on PC. After playing it awhile, you may find yourself trying to save as many Marines as possible while going through the levels. Why they threw in the obligatory undead zombies (the "flood"), I'll never know.
    I haven't played Halo2.

10. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    I am still an Unreal fan.

FPSes on consoles mostly suck. A stick will never be as good as a keyboard and mouse when it comes to FPSes. Halo is good, but it is better on the PC for that sole reason.

11. I totally have to disaggree with you i was te same way until i really played them and i now prefer a controller or plat the fps games on the console what can you do on a computer that you cant on a console