Best red loctite for rear sight

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by jack76590, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Mas,

Just had a meprolight rear sight get loose on PCR. Meprolight aftermarket rear sight initially what I would describe as "finger tight" as I could move, if pressed hard with finger.

I initially cleaned contact area with non chlorinated brake cleaner and applied a red thread locker from auto parts store. Not loctite brand but permatex.

After about a thousand rounds sight did not come off, but moving a bit from side to side. I plan to take off, clean contact area and reapply, this time using loctite brand product.

Want to use red loctite, but finding various types of red loctite, mainly numbers 271 and 262. Since loctite is mainly for bolts with threads what type to you recommend for rear sight? I want it to stay in place and accept downside may be hard to remove. Thanks, Jack

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Best red loctite for rear sight Gunsmithing Oct 21, 2013
    I am the best archer and deer hunter here ... The Okie Corral Thursday at 7:32 PM
    Best Gig Ever The Okie Corral Thursday at 1:44 AM
    Can the best candidate on the Second Amendment win the majority of the independent vote? The Okie Corral Sunday at 10:31 PM
    Best Planned Parenthood Satire I've Seen - Worth Watching Political Issues Sunday at 5:52 PM

3. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote

Alas, Jack, you've asked the wrong guy. This is one of the many moments when I wish JR still had time to do the Glock Pistols section at GATE. :crying:

If GATE was about cars instead of guns, I'd be one of the driving instructors, not one of the mechanics or engineers. Which Loc-Tite is something I leave to the armorers and gunsmiths.

Suggest you try in General Glocking.

Wishing I could have been more help,

Mas