close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

best price on les baer new pistol????

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by quantico, Nov 26, 2011.

1. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Wisconsin
    There was a great sale at crazy john's a while back on les baer pistols. I think the shop is moved or out of business because I can't find a number for them on the net. Does anybody have and info on current contact numbers for them ??? or a place that offers good discounts on les baer pricing. I have decided to buy a baer for ccw if I can find a good deal. thanks much

2. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Oct 29, 2005
    Hey, I would go to Budsgunshop.com. I've found their prices to be really good. So look them up. A Thunder Ranch, would at least run you, just under $1,800.

3. Carrots

Carrots

Mar 26, 2009
    Tennessee
    John is still very much in business and is the best place to shop for a new Baer.
    He has a sale on right now for custom order 1.5" guns, but carries a large inventory of guns ready to ship at great prices.

You can call him on 208-772-2339.

4. quantico

Sep 15, 1999
    Wisconsin
  5. quantico

Sep 15, 1999
    Wisconsin
    I don't know if they offer the 1.5 inch on the 4.25 inch carry pistol ?? Wisconsin just finally got CCW. I have been trying out a glock 36 / kahr cw40 and sig 228 along with my hk-usp and sig 229, but I just always love a 1911 best. Most of my guns are specific for sport shooting or have great amounts of custom work or history with me... I kind of want a clean slate pistol that I like and trust, but don't love... if you know what I mean. I love my colt customs and my ed brown , but maybe it's time to try mr Baer. Most decent 1911's start at at least 1000. dollars, adding another 600- 1000 dollars for something to trust your life and my daughter and my girlfriends life to seems worth about that amount to me....

6. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    If you already have a 1911 that works, why not carry it it instead of blow another two grand on a gun that might not be reliable?

7. quantico

Sep 15, 1999
    Wisconsin
    well I have a couple colt 10mm delta's that are headed for custom work... my first colt series 80 has about 85 thousand rounds and has been shot by every family member going back a long time...my custom colt IPSC gun runs an 18 ounce trigger ... my custom ed brown has a lot of custom work by ted yost after it left ed browns shop... kind of a pricy pistol to get carried and abused ... my daughters custom took me 18 months to build, so that is too important to risk being stolen out of the truck.. my springfield 6 inch longslide is a bit bulky for ccw .. leaving me with a new in box colt gold cup that really needs a beavertail and new flat MSH plus a trigger job and tactical slide stop and thumb safety..for me to be comfortable with it... etc etc
    So I am looking to get a gun that I feel comfortable abusing in the weather and holster that I won't be too upset if it gets stolen while stored in my vehicle... something that does not carry 30 years of family history or a 4000 plus dollar price tag... from custom work...

8. theblaze

theblaze

Mar 5, 2002
    FL
    [​IMG]

Good luck with that.

Les Baer sold me this Premier II (1.5" Groups –– Extra Special Don't Ya Know!) in 2004.

I then sent it to them for $1100 in modifications including chrome and carry bevel, etc.etc.etc.

That makes this a $3000 pistol from a supposedly Top Tier Manufacturer. ––** WOW **–– [​IMG]

Since the beginning it has jammed with factory 230 gr ball(Federal, Winchester, Speer, etc).

Failure to extract the empty case from the chamber. (Amazingly enough it is NOT an extractor issue)

I sent it to him THREE times for repair at my expense.

They can't/won't fix it.

Les Baer Custom occasionally sells lemons.

And when they do, GOOD LUCK!

Because their Customer Service is criminal.

Not sure if you are set on getting a Baer.

If you are, I sincerely hope your experience is better than mine was.

Others who are not set on Les Baer Custom would do well to look elsewhere, anywhere else!

9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I've had nothing but great luck with my Baers.

I've got a Concept V and a 1.5" SRP. In fact, the SRP is my avatar pic for July. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  10. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

Dec 19, 2007
    SECONUS in HARD TARGET
    You dug up an eight month old thread to trash Baer...crazy

I own a Baer and it's my second. Great pistols

Their CS may not be Wilson Combat status, but "can't / won't fix it" sounds super sketchy as do you.

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Does it HAVE to be a Baer? You're wanting a commander size gun, so have you thought about a DW V-BOB? They're tough, accurate and reliable and will cost less than a Baer. The DW Guardian is even less expensive and is a great gun. It's the greatest gun for the money in it's price range IMO. I own several semi-customs and my Guardian will shoot with any of them in my hands. Plus the Guardian has an aluminum frame which makes CC that much easier. I like my two Baers just fine. Both are great. But you're wanting a good carry gun and not have to break the bank to get it. Just my two cents worth of a suggestion. :wavey:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  12. I love my DW VBOB, Id put it up against a Baer anyday.

13. theblaze

theblaze

Mar 5, 2002
    FL
    I was enamored with them too, sang their praises to anyone who would listen. But then the malfunctions started and I spent 7 years patiently going round and round with Baer on the issue. At first they didn't even try to fix it, and then they decided that it WAS poorly fitted and made a half hearted attempt to fix it.

In the end I was left with a boat anchor and a very solid understanding of how little Baer cares about making it right for you in the - admittedly rare - case that you end up with a lemon.

I paid my dues in time, money, and frustration, and believe me, I have not even begun to start telling the story.

And just because my experience was different from yours doesn't make me sketchy.

Heck, if I knew ya I'd say bring some factory hardball and we'll take it to the range and watch it jam! Most of my friends have already done that with me. We've even coined a new phrase something like this. "I got this new pistol the other day but at the range it kept jamming and I thought to myself - Damn I hope I didn't just buy a Les Baer!"

14. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    Does it still malfunction if you load it, remove the magazine, then fire it?

:cool:

15. theblaze

theblaze

Mar 5, 2002
    FL
    Gosh, you know I've tried just about everything including different magazines (Baer, Wilson, etc.) but I don't believe that I ever tried that...

If it jammed with the mag out what would that mean?

16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    I am not a gunsmith, but I would suspect the extractor.

Have you swapped extractors?

:cool:

17. theblaze

theblaze

Mar 5, 2002
    FL
    I did swap extractors - swapped between two fitted extractors that I paid Baer to make for me on the initial build. It never made a difference.

I appreciate that you are trying to help me diagnose the problem, but I tried just about everything over 8 long years. I have finally given up on Baer and recently sent the pistol to a quality gunsmith to see if they can salvage it.

It wasn't my intent to derail this thread, so my apologies to the OP.

And thanks for trying to help!